State Takes Children Because? Well, Just Because They Can.

3rdnlng

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2015/01/22/homeschooled-children-seized-by-authorities-still-in-state-custody/?subscriber=1

What began as an investigation ignited by an anonymous report turned into a nightmare for an Arkansas homeschooling couple and seven of their children last week – and it's not over yet.

Arkansas sheriff's deputies in Garland County have "stolen" seven homeschoolers from their parents in a home raid spurred by an anonymous caller who told authorities the family's house contained a "poisonous substance" — which turned out to be a mineral supplement/water purifier that isn't FDA-approved. It's been more than a week since the officers and the Department of Human Services (DHS) seized the seven homeschoolers. They remain in state custody.

Michelle Stanley, the mother of the seven children, is still in shock that the police and DHS have gotten away with abducting her children — taking them into custody under what she calls false pretenses.

"The DHS has come and stolen our kids from us under the guise of 'protecting our children," Stanley wrote in an email shortly after her home was raided by police and the DHS, according to Health Impact News.

Do I think the Arkansas Dep't of Human Services could make a mistake? Yup.

Am I ever going to read an article about someone ending up with the State taking their children from them and just assume they're being victimized by the State? Hell no. Odds are high some there was some ****ed up **** going on in there.

Do I think the Arkansas Dep't of Human Services could make a mistake? Yup.

Am I ever going to read an article about someone ending up with the State taking their children from them and just assume they're being victimized by the State? Hell no. Odds are high some there was some ****ed up **** going on in there.

High...but not 100%. I know a handful of cases where the state was way out of line.

This case, though...parents claim the federal government took their kids because they had a water filter not approved by the FDA. Yeah, right...I'm sure that was it. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

One would think that if the parents deserved having their children taken away that there would be charges against the parents. The parents lifestyle may not be most peoples cup of tea (myself included) but what right does the state have to do this to these people?

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2015/02/26/seven-homeschooled-children-become-prisoners-of-the-state/?subscriber=1

Originally told their children would be returned in three days, it’s now been more than 40 days. To make matters worse, the original custody hearing was slated for Feb. 12. Without giving an explanation why, the hearing was postponed six weeks to March 23.

Besides the pastor and his wife, Michelle, previously being forbidden from praying with their children, the homeschooling youths’ uncle and aunt were also prohibited. Despite the new allowance, both Hal and Michelle are still ordered to not discuss the case with any of their children. Now the state is back-pedaling and changing its story about the prohibition of prayer.