Of Cheating and the past 15 years

Because balls aren't as hard to catch, throw, or not fumble in nice weather?

But it's still an advantage, and you are arguing a pretty substantial one- but not used unless it's under 45 degrees? Is it not an advantage in nice weather still?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last chapter of "SpyGate" covers this topic pretty well. He had some statisticians look into the Patsies performance and records and home winning streak etc vs the other 31 teams. The conclusion was that their performance is way out of the norm for the teams in the group, all 32 teams. They also concluded that the results were so out of the norm that it should be questioned if the Patsies are really a member of the group at all. Maybe their just that good? :)

Edited by reddogblitz

But it's still an advantage, and you are arguing a pretty substantial one- but not used unless it's under 45 degrees? Is it not an advantage in nice

weather still?

Your logic is flawed. Maybe they do deflate the balls in warm weather. The key stat is not how they do in warm weather, it's how everyone else in the league has a drop in production in bad weather except for the Patriots.

Your logic is flawed. Maybe they do deflate the balls in warm weather. The key stat is not how they do in warm weather, it's how everyone else in the league has a drop in production in bad weather except for the Patriots.

But if doing it in warm weather too shouldn't they likewise do better? Unless you are arguing the ultimate premium conditions are soft ball in cold weather

But if doing it in warm weather too shouldn't they likewise do better? Unless you are arguing the ultimate premium conditions are soft ball in cold weather

What criteria are you comparing their warm weather stats to to say they're not using a deflated ball and doing better in warm weather than they should be doing?

You can adding lying to league officials to the list as well.

This guy can probably tell you the locker combination for every player on his team....

He is known for attention to detail.........now we are suppose to believe he knew nothing.

To me the guy is thrown out of the league !

Has to make you wonder what has not been discovered yet...

You can adding lying to league officials to the list as well.

This guy can probably tell you the locker combination for every player on his team....

He is known for attention to detail.........now we are suppose to believe he knew nothing.

To me the guy is thrown out of the league !

Has to make you wonder what has not been discovered yet...

We can only HOPE that the levee breaks open and old Pats players and Coaches feel comfortable speaking out.

:beer:

That'd be nice. I know Spikes has already accused Bellichick of cheating with the injury report.

If things were not fishy enough, consider this little stat:

0 road playoff wins in the last 7 years

ZERO.

So let me get this straight... The Patriots haven't won a single road playoff game since right after 2007 when they got caught cheating in Spygate? Shocker.

So let me get this straight... The Patriots haven't won a single road playoff game since right after 2007 when they got caught cheating in Spygate? Shocker.

to be fair, isnt that like 2-3 AFC Championship games, 2 super bowls and like 1 other loss to the ravens? Losing to a team with a better record when you are on the road is hardly proof of cheating. possibly a symptom of it, but faaaaar from any type of proof. Edited by NoSaint

Who said it was proof? It's just another stat to heap onto the pile of stats that point to the Patriots being cheaters.

Also, all of those teams didn't have a better record than the Patriots when they beat the Patriots.

other than the super bowl, all of them were road games because the patriots were the lower seed.

Well, another tactic they used in the playoffs this year will result in a rule change: the "ineligible receiver" nonsense. Completely defies the spirit of the law while upholding the letter.

Ditto the giant television screen in the Gillette Stadium parking lot that's only visible from the pats*' sideline.

It's all one big long list of minor infractions or minor rule-shirking that can't be pinned to a competitive advantage directly resulting in wins. That's what's frustrating. They are a great football team with a stellar coach that doesn't need to cheat to win.

You also can't look at their unprecedented success and say "Sure, they have one of the greatest QB's of all time and arguably the best coach, but that aside."

Well, yeah The Bills are from Buffalo. That aside, no other professional football teams are in Buffalo.

I think these protracted conspiracy theories are just that.

But it is clear that Bellicheat will find/exploit any and all tactical advantages that exist. But that's also why he's the best.

I don't see why Superbowls wouldn't count if we're talking about them being able to cheat easier while at home. The Superbowl is not played in New England.

Their home record in the postseason since 2007 is 8-3.

Also, since the balls are brought by the league themselves for the Superbowl it would certainly explain why they were unbeatable in 2007 and then lost to the Giants.

After the Indy/Pats game I heard an analyst say that it was like "The Patriots knew exactly where the Colts defenders would be on every play. They somehow guessed the coverage assignments perfectly on basically every play."

Nobody is that lucky.

Ive been saying it for ten years. Flat passes and 5 yards drags are not hard to cover. In fact they are the simplest to cover. But The Pats**** some how always know what to do and when.

They cheat. They are still stealing other teams signals. There is no doubt in my mind that Ballgahzi is the tip of the iceburg.

Ive been saying it for ten years. Flat passes and 5 yards drags are not hard to cover. In fact they are the simplest to cover. But The Pats**** some how always know what to do and when.

They cheat. They are still stealing other teams signals. There is no doubt in my mind that Ballgahzi is the tip of the iceburg.

The nice thing about this deflation scandal is that regardless of what the league decides to do, it's caused people to put the Patriots under a microscope and some of the oddities in their stats and performance are starting to get some spotlight. Their passing stats in bad weather games compared to other teams and their impossibly good ball security for starters.