Anthony Lynn assist. HC/RB coach.

Fixxxer

Nice hire IMO. Browns interviewed him for OC.

@KimJonesSports: Rex Ryan has added RB coach Anthony Lynn to his Bills staff, via source. Migration from Florham Park to Buffalo continues.

@RapSheet: Sidenote on Anthony Lynn: Heard he was excellent in offensive coordinator interviews. Would expect him to get more consideration next year.

COACHING CAREER

Now in his sixth season with the Jets, Anthony Lynn continues to oversee the team’s running backs after adding the title of assistant head coach last season.

Since his hiring in 2009, Lynn’s runners have gained 136.0 yards per game, the third best average in the NFL, trailing the Chiefs and Vikings by less than half-a-yard. In four of his five years, Lynn has guided a back to a career high in yards: CHRIS IVORY (833 in 2013), Shonn Greene (1,054 in 2011 and 1,062 in 2012) and Thomas Jones (1,402 in 2009).

can they please stop with the "Assistant Head Coach" thing?

Its so stupid. If you like a guy, say so in the press conference. If you think he's future HC material, say that too.

I wonder if the players are moved or fooled at all by this nothing-ness called AHC.

If I were a coach and they offered me that title, I would decline. Why lie to the world? I'm the OL coach in Jacksonville, so what?

----

Edit: Now I see that he had that same meaningless title in NYJ, so i guess anything less would have felt like a demotion. If he's that kinda dude. But still, who are we fooling here?

Edited by maddenboy

Its so stupid. If you like a guy, say so in the press conference. If you think he's future HC material, say that too.

I wonder if the players are moved or fooled at all by this nothing-ness called AHC.

If I were a coach and they offered me that title, I would decline. Why lie to the world? I'm the OL coach in Jacksonville, so what?

----

Edit: Now I see that he had that same meaningless title in NYJ, so i guess anything less would have felt like a demotion. If he's that kinda dude. But still, who are we fooling here?

I think the assistant head coach is used as a "promotion" to steal away a position coach. Kinda lame, but whatever.

----

In some cases there are actual responsibilities that go along with that in helping the HC with weekly and gameday prep. It helps ease the load of the HC, and gives the Assistant some valuable experience.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Morninweh was just hired as QB coach for Ravens, OL coach went to Texans about 3 weeks ago, and Rex took the whole def staff with him.

special teams coach also hired somewhere, can't remember. His entire staff found work quick.

And who did we hire that people have a problem with? I get David Lee, but he would be hired somewhere quick also.

Dunbar and Lynn thought of as the best at their job. You can't get better than that.

Interesting that none of the ex-Jets coaches are getting hired anywhere else....

Many of them may really like working with Ryan and would prefer it rather than the unknown. Plus, if Ryan really wants them, Terry can outbid others. My only concern is that by bringing in all these Jets coaches, where are the new ideas and approaches. The old ones weren't terribly successful in New York.

Many of them may really like working with Ryan and would prefer it rather than the unknown. Plus, if Ryan really wants them, Terry can outbid others. My only concern is that by bringing in all these Jets coaches, where are the new ideas and approaches. The old ones weren't terribly successful in New York.

Roman, Kromer