David Lee comments on Geno vs EJ

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/former-jets-qb-coach-rips-geno-smith-his-play-killed-us/

Lee said of Smith. "He would get loose with the football. We played good enough defense to win over there both years, but his play itll cost you and it cost us. But he also did some great things. The last five games this season he was the seventh-rated passer in the league. He had a perfect passer rating in his last game at Miami. The potential and ability is there."

Now, Lee will try to turn around EJ Manuel, who was drafted a round ahead of Smith in 2013, and has had his share of struggles. Lee praised Manuels pre-draft work with the Jets, saying he did better on a test Lee administered than any other quarterback in that draft, including Smith.

"We flew him in before the draft and I gave him a test, Lee said. I gave him a pamphlet to study and told him I was going to test him the next morning. It was long and detailed and he aced it. He didnt miss anything. No other quarterback that came in did that, but he did."

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/former-jets-qb-coach-rips-geno-smith-his-play-killed-us/

Lee said of Smith. "He would get loose with the football. We played good enough defense to win over there both years, but his play itll cost you and it cost us. But he also did some great things. The last five games this season he was the seventh-rated passer in the league. He had a perfect passer rating in his last game at Miami. The potential and ability is there."

Now, Lee will try to turn around EJ Manuel, who was drafted a round ahead of Smith in 2013, and has had his share of struggles. Lee praised Manuels pre-draft work with the Jets, saying he did better on a test Lee administered than any other quarterback in that draft, including Smith.

"We flew him in before the draft and I gave him a test, Lee said. I gave him a pamphlet to study and told him I was going to test him the next morning. It was long and detailed and he aced it. He didnt miss anything. No other quarterback that came in did that, but he did."

If only we were preparing him for med school....

As it is, we are asking him to throw a football for a living.

I don't think anyone has questioned his intelligence. He's very much Trent Edwards. Brains, athletic ability and terrified to make the slightest mistake.

If everyone jumped up your ass when you made the slightest mistake, you'd be afraid too.

What a town..."We need to give him time to grow...oh, ****! He threw an incomplete pass. First-round bust, cut his ass."

If everyone jumped up your ass when you made the slightest mistake, you'd be afraid too.

What a town..."We need to give him time to grow...oh, ****! He threw an incomplete pass. First-round bust, cut his ass."

Well fans shouldn't matter. But I know that Marrone was pushing for a vet both years so that probably caused him to play a little tight.

Coached to play scared

EJ is good when he's aggressive. Go watch the first two games. When EJ let it rio, he was accurate and confident

I probably have more faith in EJ than most here. I'm not ripping him for it. I think Lee can bring the best of him out and I think he will win the QB competition if it involves an FA vet and a rookie.

thats one thing Geno has over him ... he plays fearless.

I agree. I watched a fair amount of Geno...I know it has been said before, but while EJ never looked as bad as Geno, he never looked as good either...Ryan (or whoever) let Geno just play...I fear that Bills fans are too impatient at this point (and I am not necessarily blaming them), to let Manuel go through all the mistakes he has to get out of his system. From the sounds of it, the Bills players in Doug Marrones offense may have had "too many voices" in their ears. Paralysis through analysis...add to that the pressure on 1st round QB who was thrust in the role as "franchise savior", it isn't surprising that he has struggled. I am not done with him...want to see him play a little more.

But he can't read defenses....