New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that it is entirely possible that the refs do a truly shoddy job in measuring balls before games because it never actually comes up. That allows this sort of thing to happen, and without sideline skullduggery.

I wouldn't be surprised at that, either. No matter what, there's an obvious problem, whether it's Pats' cheating or league quality control.

You do realize the Brady and Belicheat are closer than any other QB/HC combo in the NFL. At best Belicheck is Nixon in which he purposely knows nothing.

How do you know how close other QB's and coaches are? And that doesn't mean they talk about "ball pressure". It's jumping to conclusions.

I served on a jury once, and it was filled with idiots. I'm guessing that's common.

I can't wait for the Superbowl. If I'm Pete Carroll, my strategy is to demand every ball swapped in to the game for the Pats' offense be checked.

It'll be interesting to see how Carroll responds to this over the next week or so. He's as savvy as they come with regards to the media, I would like to think he is going to have some gems... almost like Luck:

http://www.wncn.com/clip/11058997/colts-luck-deflated-by-loss

http://www.wncn.com/story/27912555/colts-luck-deflated-after-loss-to-patriots

Lol.. reporter says to Tom...you were quoted a few years ago as liking when Gronk spikes the ball so it lets more air out. You like deflated balls! Tom says 12.5 is pefect for him.

And the way he said that conveys an enormous amount of comfort, familiarity, and knowledge of how the rules work, what is acceptable and not, and the precise lower limit allowed by the rules.

But the ENTIRE PROCESS was new to Belicheat. Found out about the whole thing just this week!

That's an amazing coincidence, isn't it?

I wouldn't be surprised at that, either. No matter what, there's an obvious problem, whether it's Pats' cheating or league quality control.

How are you gauging this "advantage"? What evidence is there that a deflated ball is a significant advantage? Ever consider that the officials might have done a shoddy job because IT"S NOT THAT IMPORTANT?

And the way he said that conveys an enormous amount of comfort, familiarity, and knowledge of how the rules work, what is acceptable and not, and the precise lower limit allowed by the rules.

But the ENTIRE PROCESS was new to Belicheat. Found out about the whole thing just this week!

In a court of law, these two would be utterly destroyed.

Yep, so true.

These smirks! They keep coming!

It's almost like he knows he's outrageously full of #&%#....and is waiting to get caught.

He just freaking mumbled as he mis-spoke through a rehearsed and rote bit of response dialogue in a way he wouldn't do if he won't reciting a "line".

This keeps getting better and better.

How are you gauging this "advantage"? What evidence is there that a deflated ball is a significant advantage? Ever consider that the officials might have done a shoddy job because IT"S NOT THAT IMPORTANT?

If it's not important, why are there rules dictating it?

If the officials didn't adhere to those rules, then it's a problem.

These smirks! They keep coming!

It's almost like he knows he's outrageously full of #&%#....and is waiting to get caught.

He just freaking mumbled as he mis-spoke through a rehearsed and rote bit of response dialogue in a way he wouldn't do if he won't reciting a "line".

This keeps getting better and better.

He always smirks. He's an ass.

It's one thing to feel that this isn't a big deal and not let it affect your day. It's noble even. It's quite another to come onto a Bills board and jump up and down and defend the *pats (for dozens and dozens of posts) because you think it's not a big deal.

If it wasn't a big deal, why are you so up in arms about it? Just let people B word.

Just saying.