New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Goodell and Kraft are buddies. Swift Action Jackson Roger won't say schit for 2 weeks at the earliest

see the Golden Shoe post - immediate action

the golden shoe is a totally different beast. if you cant see how one would be immediate action and one would need to be properly investigated and have a measured, calculated response.... im not sure what to tell you.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Kraft as much as Bellichick, but I did like the story about Kraft and the Devil after spygate, if it is true. That Kraft asked I

Him on a scale of 1-100 how much the taping helped, Bellicheat say "1." And Kraft said "then you're a schmuck." It doesn't at all mean Kraft wasn't aware of it. I just thought it was interesting.

I doubt Kraft was aware of Ballghazi. I think he's probably enraged right now. I don't think there is a chance that The Devil Wears Hoodies didn't know about it. Even though he threw Brady under the bus, even if Brady is going to say the same thing, which was nice.

:lol:

You just spoiled that movie for me.

I hate Kraft as much as Bellichick, but I did like the story about Kraft and the Devil after spygate, if it is true. That Kraft asked I

Him on a scale of 1-100 how much the taping helped, Bellicheat say "1." And Kraft said "then you're a schmuck." It doesn't at all mean Kraft wasn't aware of it. I just thought it was interesting.

I doubt Kraft was aware of Ballghazi. I think he's probably enraged right now. I don't think there is a chance that The Devil Wears Hoodies didn't know about it. Even though he threw Brady under the bus, even if Brady is going to say the same thing, which was nice.

He talked for a long while about how he makes the balls difficult to use in practice and if anyone complains he makes them worse. He does this to prepare for the games and for ball security......but somehow he doesn't know the procedures used in the games?

the golden shoe is a totally different beast. if you cant see how one would be immediate action and one would need to be properly investigated and have a measured, calculated response.... im not sure what to tell you.

IMMEDIATE ACTION by the Commissioner for an NFL violation

still waiting for his IMMEDIATE ACTION

He talked for a long while about how he makes the balls difficult to use in practice and if anyone complains he makes them worse. He does this to prepare for the games and for ball security......but somehow he doesn't know the procedures used in the games?

Yeah, that was suspicious to me too. I think he contradicted himself right there.

IMMEDIATE ACTION by the Commissioner for an NFL violation

still waiting for his IMMEDIATE ACTION

the golden shoe is a uniform violation. its as basic as they come. you may as well be yelling that they take immediate action when a guy lines up offside.

He said he has never discussed the inflation issue with any player or staff member.

He used the term "air pressure", potentially making a distinction between the technical psi and more generic terms. As example, when describing a partially flat tire on a car, if one was asked if they had discussed the air pressure, they could honestly say "no", having never discussed the actual psi.....but they discussed the fact that it was partially flat.

It seems that mostly what he said was that he didn't know about the actual psi ranges required.....and now he does.

Edited by Dibs

I hate Kraft as much as Bellichick, but I did like the story about Kraft and the Devil after spygate, if it is true. That Kraft asked Him on a scale of 1-100 how much the taping helped, Bellicheat said "1." And Kraft said "then you're a schmuck." It doesn't at all mean Kraft wasn't aware of it. I just thought it was interesting.

I honestly think that Belichick has a clear conscience regarding this one. He denied knowing categorically, which means he's either telling the truth or even worse than you think he is. I think he's telling the truth. I think it's all the QB here. So far, Brady has gotten a pass because of BB's past history, but in all likelihood he's the guilty party. Everything I've read about QBs and balls says that the QB has particular likes and dislikes and pretty much controls the balls.

Edited by dave mcbride

I don't want to defend him, it's the last thing I wanna do, but to be fair, what he was talking about there was not pressure, it was players complaining about the balls they use in practice. As soon as they complain about anything he makes them worse so they stop bitching.

But, you're right that he knows enough about pressure to make the balls bad in practice, so I would assume he has jacked the pressure up on them at times, to make it more difficult for them, which means he does know all about pressure. He was extremely careful with his words. Which Devils usually are.

the golden shoe is a uniform violation. its as basic as they come. you may as well be yelling that they take immediate action when a guy lines up offside.

But to suspend a player for a playoff game for a shoe violation versus what they may do to the Patriots is the issue. Not the investigation of the shoe.

I honestly think that Belichick has a clear conscience regarding this one. He denied knowing categorically, which means he's either telling the truth or even worse than you think he is. I think he's telling the truth. I think it's all the QB here. So far, Brady has gotten a pass because of BB's past history, but in all likelihood he's the guilty party. Everything I've read about QBs and balls says that the QB has particular likes and dislikes and pretty much controls the balls.

Bellyache has a clear conscience no matter what. Just ask his wife and mistress.

I don't want to defend him, it's the last thing I wanna do, but to be fair, what he was talking about there was not pressure, it was players complaining about the balls they use in practice. As soon as they complain about anything he makes them worse so they stop bitching.

But, you're right that he knows enough about pressure to make the balls bad in practice, so I would assume he has jacked the pressure up on them at times, to make it more difficult for them, which means he does know all about pressure. He was extremely careful with his words. Which Devils usually are.

(57 Lawyers working on this not pictured)

But to suspend a player for a playoff game for a shoe violation versus what they may do to the Patriots is the issue. Not the investigation of the shoe.

if you walk onto the field with equipment that is illegal they can send you off the field. if you announce before the game that you are going to do it, the obvious reaction is "then dont even show up"

they have had plenty of incidents before where they have told guys to take stuff off or leave the field. i recall some saints wearing green and red arm bands during an Xmas game a couple years ago and being told they couldnt return wearing them.

Edited by NoSaint