New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

The poster is saying he thinks Belichick will avoid any penalty, and it will all fall on Brady (?) or someone else.

Hey, show me more respect than" the poster" :lol:

I dont know why, and i have flipped on this in the last 24 hrs, i believe Belicheck :wallbash:

But i also believed they cheated

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was mentioned probably way back on page one of this thread...I don't care what the penalty is, or if there even is a penalty. The legacy is forever tarnished. They cheat.

Correct. It's over. There is and was no "Patriot Way" and if it truly was something that was a way of operating/executing so far above the rest of the league, why would you ever need to cheat?

Frauds.

im curious the reactions to these questions:

would you feel the same if it were the st louis rams in week 7?

would you be advocating the suspension of rex and ej if they were in the same spot?

It's the 2nd time they've been caught. Repeat offenders.

The crime isn't that bad, in reality, it's the fact that they already cheated once.

if it truly was something that was a way of operating/executing so far above the rest of the league, why would you ever need to cheat?

i dont see why it couldnt be both? whether you think they are pushing the rules, couldnt they be 2% better than second place, but do everything they can to be 3% better?

I think in order to truly address this issue from a punishment level you have to ask several questions. Why was the rule was implemented in the first place? Was it implemented just to establish a standard? Was it because teams were manipulating the ball to gain an advantage? When was the rule put into effect?

Legislative history is important in determining the intent of the law and level of punishment warranted for violation. I'd like to see the history of the rule.

@ProFootballTalk: Here's the full transcript of Bill Belichick's lengthy statement about #DeflateGate http://t.co/9pFcyv1oYh

I have just read through the transcript twice and the closest he actually got to saying he didn't do it, or organized to do it, was when he said "I have no explaination for what happened,..." ........and even that is not a denial.

Unless I missed something, Belicheat still hasn't denied culpability.

I think in order to truly address this issue from a punishment level you have to ask several questions. Why was the rule was implemented in the first place? Was it implemented just to establish a standard? Was it because teams were manipulating the ball to gain an advantage? When was the rule put into effect?

Legislative history is important in determining the intent of the law and level of punishment warranted for violation. I'd like to see the history of the rule.

And, this is a big one, are you a first time offender?

would you be advocating the suspension of rex and ej if they were in the same spot?

Yes to both. Doesn't matter who cheats or when, it's the same crime.

If you think my comments on this topic are motivated by being a member of the Kool Aid Klub, you haven't read many of my posts here. I'm not a Kool Aid kind of guy. I'm probably as critical of the Bills organization as anyone here.

No one would care.

And Bills fans would defend them till the day they died.

There is very little objectivity when it comes to sports fandom.

i dont see why it couldnt be both? whether you think they are pushing the rules, couldnt they be 2% better than second place, but do everything they can to be 3% better?

I said it somewhere up-thread...they don't just want to beat Seattle, or any other team in the league. They want to beat every team in the history of the game. They want a legacy as "best ever."

I have just read through the transcript twice and the closest he actually got to saying he didn't do it, or organized to do it, was when he said "I have no explaination for what happened,..." ........and even that is not a denial.

Unless I missed something, Belicheat still hasn't denied culpability.

To highlight what I mean.....

Belicheat started by saying...

"When I came in Monday morning I was shocked to learn of the news reports about the footballs."

The news reports being that it was discovered 11 of the 12 balls were deflated......Belicheat was shocked to learn of the discovery of the deflated balls, not necessarily the fact that the balls were deflated.

He continues....

"I had no knowledge whatsoever of this situation until Monday morning."

Meaning that he didn't know that the deflated balls had been discovered until Monday morning.

He has not denied having a hand in the deflation of the balls.

I'd rather drag my bare sack across a mile of broken glass than have Bill Bellichick coach the Bills. Why? Because he's a cheater and a hated rival for the past 15 years. I don't think anyone needs any more reason than that not to want him as a coach.

Rex Ryan was hated for the last 6-7. Now all of the sudden we love him.

As far as "protecting the shield" goes, it seems to me there are far, far more casual and serious fans that dislike the Patriots than like them, there are far more fans that dislike Goodell than like him and even casual fans of the Ray Rice and Peterson incidents know he screwed up and looked awful. It could very well BENEFIT the shield by going overboard on this.

Make more fans deliriously happy, make writers all over the world write, wow, the NFL finally did the right thing, make the Super Bowl even bigger this year, make teams and players in the future think, he'll, if they did this to the Patriots and Brady and Bellichick what do you think they would do to me. It could be a watershed moment and move.