New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys late to the party on this topic. But here is how I feel about this situation:

• I think it was an attempt to stretch the rules in order to gain a slight advantage. The game itself turned into a blowout so the ‘edge’ was not required. But as a coach, BB had to plan for the eventuality that it would be a close game
  • The only goal was to win that game any which way and get to the superbowl. If they win, the ‘haters’ can put all sorts of asterisks on their win btu history will still note them as superbowl winners. I thnik BB knew that the price would be a fine or at worst a draft pick. Both are acceptable prices to pay for the chance to play in and win the big game

IMHO, it was a calculated gamble to gain a slight advantage with a small downside.

injury reports shouldnt even be a discussion.

Aim high not low, the balls are just more resl evidence of a systemic problem with them.. Lance the honest, coming back for his farewell tour . At least lance actually competed equally and won . I don't see many coaches taping walk thrus etc. Honor, is a dying commodity.

Sorry guys late to the party on this topic. But here is how I feel about this situation:

• I think it was an attempt to stretch the rules in order to gain a slight advantage. The game itself turned into a blowout so the edge was not required. But as a coach, BB had to plan for the eventuality that it would be a close game
  • The only goal was to win that game any which way and get to the superbowl. If they win, the haters can put all sorts of asterisks on their win btu history will still note them as superbowl winners. I thnik BB knew that the price would be a fine or at worst a draft pick. Both are acceptable prices to pay for the chance to play in and win the big game
IMHO, it was a calculated gamble to gain a slight advantage with a small downside.

Yep

If wants real war .. Not football. Then give him a taste .

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually like the city, just hate their sports teams

Their teams and the baaahston fans .

• I think it was an attempt to stretch the rules in order to gain a slight advantage. The game itself turned into a blowout so the ‘edge’ was not required. But as a coach, BB had to plan for the eventuality that it would be a close game
  • The only goal was to win that game any which way and get to the superbowl. If they win, the ‘haters’ can put all sorts of asterisks on their win btu history will still note them as superbowl winners. I thnik BB knew that the price would be a fine or at worst a draft pick. Both are acceptable prices to pay for the chance to play in and win the big game

I agree with you... but do you believe it stops there though? There is smoke, and a history. Who knows how many "small" advantages they take... summed up becomes a huge advantage. Like 40 straight meaningful AFC wins at home with a team that isn't really good on paper in a league with parity. I would say the enormously high percentage of "fortunate" play calling in games I saw this season vs Cincinnati, Denver, and Indy 2x... even Baltimore can and should and could raise skepticism.

• I think it was an attempt to stretch the rules in order to gain a slight advantage. The game itself turned into a blowout so the edge was not required. But as a coach, BB had to plan for the eventuality that it would be a close game
  • The only goal was to win that game any which way and get to the superbowl. If they win, the haters can put all sorts of asterisks on their win btu history will still note them as superbowl winners. I thnik BB knew that the price would be a fine or at worst a draft pick. Both are acceptable prices to pay for the chance to play in and win the big game

actual curiosity, not a pointed question trying to get an answer -- do you think BB instructed the equipment guys to deflate them to a certain PSI, "the lowest we can get away with" or another verbiage? a basic "bad weather coming, lets keep them as soft as we can"?

Aim high not low, the balls are just more resl evidence of a systemic problem with them.. Lance the honest, coming back for his farewell tour . At least lance actually competed equally and won . I don't see many coaches taping walk thrus etc. Honor, is a dying commodity.

Yep

If wants real war .. Not football. Then give him a taste .

Their teams and the baaahston fans .

lance, and war and.... i commented because everyone fudges injury reports. the bills have been fined. teams dont like to give the opponents details of their personal health (and i cant blame them).

this is pretty simple in my opinion.

if they didn't deflate the balls, it's much ado about nothing. i hate the pats but find this one a stretch.

if they did, they are the dumbest smart people in football. the nfl is on the ropes, constantly being battered for things like ray rice/ap, drug use, spyagte, bountygate and many calls have come for Goodell's head on a stick. to do something as silly as deflate footballs in violation of a pretty simple rule is assinine in this environment. it lends to the conpsiracy theorists, the officiating issues, and the general feeling that the game is tilted one way or the other.

if they did it, i'd look for a substantial penalty from the league. this happened on the national stage, one of two important games, and if the NFL isn't embarrassed by it all, they have lost all perspective.