10 Buffalo Bills who played above their pay grade in 2014

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this. For 5 million? First winning season is a decade+?

As for the OP list--I agree witht he top 4. Rookies don't count--certainly if Cordy Glenn was getting big time LT money, no one would think he played up to his contract.

Duke Williams committed the dumbest PI in NFL history.

Kyle Orton was a mediocre backup who got a reasonable salary for his very much faded abilities. He being a starter is not due to the fact that he was a starter caliber qb so much as it was a reflection of the level of talent at that position.

Yes, Kyle Orton was the qb on a winning team but the reality was that he was not a meaningful contributor to the team's record. It's like giving credit to Cujo and Richardson and our OL in general for the team's first winning record in a long time. The reality is that the defense carried the team and the team won despite the play of the qb and the OL.

In my view three of the best value players on the team were Stefan Charles, Jarius Wynn and Robey.

Orton was the best QB we've had in a decade. Yes, I realize it's not saying much, but for a guy to sign off the street 10 minutes before the start of the season, come off the bench to go 7-5 and post an 87.8 QB Rating at a position that sees guys like Cutler & Bradford bringing in close to $20 mm/yr, then yeah, I think he played up to and maybe even above his pay grade.

yeah but I hate him #analysis

I actually liked him until he seemed like he didn't care.

Edited by YoloinOhio