Paris threatens to sue Fox News for false reporting

I don't know about actual no-go zones but I have plenty of colleagues who are originally from France who say the situation is pretty bad.

Bad doesn't cut it at Fox. It needs to be TERRIFYINGLY, HORRIFYINGLY, EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE TOMORROW kinda situation otherwise it doesn't resonate with Fox's audience.

Surprising absolutely no one, Fox News continues to peddle fear over facts.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/media/paris-mayor-sue-fox-news/

You know when the mayor of Paris won't care about some news report as much as she cares about Islamists in her city?

Oh, wait. I guess I'm not sure when because short of rolling heads, it all already happened.

Bad doesn't cut it at Fox. It needs to be TERRIFYINGLY, HORRIFYINGLY, EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE TOMORROW kinda situation otherwise it doesn't resonate with Fox's audience.

You see the same **** at CNN.

Just remember that the French authorities stopped following the two brothers because there are many jihadists in France. That says a lot about the situation there.

Oh, don't take this as an endorsement of CNN.

I'm not taking anything as an endorsement of CNN but although FOX does exagerate just like every other biased media outlet, this is not to white wash the fact that there is a major problem in European cities and I get that it's anectodal, it's still accurate.

The absolute irony of G.T. eagerly overstating what occurred, to claim that Fox routinely overstates its stories .....................lol

IronyMeter1.gif

What was their Ferguson tagline again? Anarchy in the Heartland?

The truly stupid thing is that anyone would take Fox seriously.

I think there are between 5 and 6 million muslims in France now. For a country that is so uppity and protective about it's culture and history they sure do seem eager to lose it. Just like they lose at everything else.

Without question. Some more egregiously that others, but the media is a mess across the political spectrum.

Then in reality this isn't just about Fox but should be a condemnation of all the media sources. Singling out Fox while not condemning them all for their egregious behavior would give one the perception that you have a bias directed towards Fox. By now, we all should know that you are above such trivial pursuits. To suggest that there might be "no-go" zones in major cities based on the makeup of the population is not only politically incorrect, but in this instance smacks of anti-muslimism. It makes me feel ashamed that I once feared for my life after making a wrong turn into Camden, NJ.

Oh, don't take this as an endorsement of CNN.

Yet it seems these threads only exist regarding Fox and not the equally pathetic CNN or MSNBC.

Other than election night or when a space shuttle blows up, I really can't imagine watching any of them.

p.s. I also don't see how anyone could think this reflects worse on Fox than on Paris.

Edited by KD in CT