$20K or a trip to the Super Bowl

Just Jack

Me, personally I'd take the $20k. I could use it and it'd go a long way for me. Tickets to the game and all would also put me out another $500+ on silly expenses, I am sure. I can't afford that.

My cousin got tickets to the game and pro bowl as some package deal. He's not a fan of either and got these before the season ever started via a travel company on a decent deal, something like $400 for very good seats (maybe club, i can't remember) and some special perks pre game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd kind of feel bad if Sammy Watkins called me personally to ask for his ball back and I was like "nah man, I'm selling it to a collector."

You have to take a step back...multi-millionaire asking for a sentimental object back...what's your financial situation? If the money doesn't mean anything to you, then you're a lucky one and by all means give it back.

Me, personally I'd take the $20k. I could use it and it'd go a long way for me. Tickets to the game and all would also put me out another $500+ on silly expenses, I am sure. I can't afford that.

My cousin got tickets to the game and pro bowl as some package deal. He's not a fan of either and got these before the season ever started via a travel company on a decent deal, something like $400 for very good seats (maybe club, i can't remember) and some special perks pre game.

Boyst, I can see getting tickets to the Pro Bowl for $400, but ain't no was in friggen hell you getting Super Bowl tickets, ever, if paying for them, at $400. My gut is face on cheapest seat is now $1500 or so. Will look as soon as I hit post.

Or he cod be getting $400 tickets, but $3000 dollar hotel

So looks like face this year in Arizona ranges from a of $900 to high of $1900 for face value of ticket.

Usually figure a 2x-3x markup in secondary at least, depending on location of seat.

Edited by plenzmd1

I used to work with a kid whose family are die-hard Steelers fans. I remember he and his father won tickets to their Superbowl and they sold them for like $3,000 and bought a big screen tv(that's how expensive they were back then). I told him he was insane.

I guess if I was this guy I'd probably take the money, because you can buy a Superbowl ticket /hotel AND a game helmet signed by the team or something similar for a lot less than $20,000. The only way I wouldn't take the money is if the tickets the player gave me were special or a one-of-a-kind experience, like front row sideline seats right nehind of their bench or including an on-field pass or something.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

It really comes down to a lot of different factors...if this guy's family is in need and he turns down 20K to get a helmet, jersey, and Super Bowl tickets, then I have to question his priorities.

If the 20K isn't "life-changing" then I respect his decision to give the ball back to the player and accept some "goodies" in return.

That's what it comes down to for me. It's Kearse's achievement, giving him the ball is good Karma.

Glad to see he's jobless and somehow made it to the NFC championship game.

Lmao.

Kinda like when you take a random day off of work and you see all these people driving around all day in their $80k+ cars. Maybe they took that day off too. Or maybe people just dont have their priorities straight and have negative savings but really really nice cars.