Proposed cuts in the budget...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Wasteful spending? Hmmm...

FIGURES. When it came right down to it- the growing deficits, the huge UNEXPECTED costs of the silly war, and the huge drop in the value of the dollar are going to hurt a LOT of people coming up. What a pathetic way to manage the money of the United States. HEY, but our TAXES didn't increase!!! :P

You can't blame the Democratically controlled Congress for this fiscal nightmare (see current Congress; a Republican majority :blink: )... I don't know whether to laugh at the party of supposed 'fiscal responsibility', or to get mad at lambaste them deservedly.

Just about the right time for another tax rebate! :blink:

Administration officials have said he will hold overall nondefense spending — excepting domestic security — to less than next year's expected 2.3 percent increase in inflation, meaning the programs will lose purchasing power.

Defense Department documents obtained Friday show the Pentagon (news - web sites)'s budget would grow by 4.8 percent to $419.3 billion — $3.4 billion less than he planned to seek for 2006 a year ago.

Where's the bad news!!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Where's the bad news!!

229653[/snapback]

I'd give up my military pay raise this year if it helped my fellow citizens hurt by this irresponsibility.

When it comes right down to it, the fiscal policy of the United States now rests SQUARELY on the Republican Party, and that is a FACT. And right now, the policy is so far out of whack, it is getting INSANE.

Wasteful spending? Hmmm...

FIGURES. When it came right down to it- the growing deficits, the huge UNEXPECTED costs of the silly war, and the huge drop in the value of the dollar are going to hurt a LOT of people coming up. What a pathetic way to manage the money of the United States. HEY, but our TAXES didn't increase!!!  :blink:

You can't blame the Democratically controlled Congress for this fiscal nightmare (see current Congress; a Republican majority  :D )... I don't know whether to laugh at the party of supposed 'fiscal responsibility', or to get mad at lambaste them deservedly.

Just about the right time for another tax rebate!  :w00t:

229637[/snapback]

Yeah, cause we all know that there is no waste in the federal government and no reason to restrain the growth of spending. :blink:

I love how you are so concerned with your fellow citizens who are 'hurt' by policy but then dismiss taxes with such a caviler attitude. Great logic. :P

I'd give up my military pay raise this year if it helped my fellow citizens hurt by this irresponsibility.

When it comes right down to it, the fiscal policy of the United States now rests SQUARELY on the Republican Party, and that is a FACT. And right now, the policy is so far out of whack, it is getting INSANE.

Then march your butt down to the city mission (or the charity of your choice) and cut them a check for however much your raise was. It is easy to put your wallet where your mouth is.

Secondly, yes the republicans have control, and yes they are ultimatly responsible. It does help to realize you cant do much of anything in congress without 60 votes, but your point is valid, and is my main critique of this administration.

911 cost alot of money. It is understandable to increase the budget in areas relating to homeland security. But this non-stop spending on social programs is getting ridiculous. I am pleased to see a budget proposal that appears to finally do what it is supposed to do, cut spending.