Bills hire Sanjay Lal as WR coach

YoloinOhio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has any idea who is good at what amongst positional coaches. Raiders fans don't know. Jets fans don't know. And we don't know either. If Rex is familiar with him, and Roman is comfortable with him, that's all that matters. All Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods needs is a QB to get them the rock. Receiver coach can't help with that.

I am fine with this if Roman was involved in the hire and was actually in on the decision. Otherwise, I do not like retread HC's bringing in their previous staff. When these coaches failed or under performed prior as well as had units that were just invisible.

I know the best coaches and positional coaches are not going to be available because they're on successful teams, but I would scour the field looking for anyone worth having, even if that means finding an upc and coming college coach to come on staff.

I am fine with this if Roman was involved in the hire and was actually in on the decision. Otherwise, I do not like retread HC's bringing in their previous staff. When these coaches failed or under performed prior as well as had units that were just invisible.

I know the best coaches and positional coaches are not going to be available because they're on successful teams, but I would scour the field looking for anyone worth having, even if that means finding an upc and coming college coach to come on staff.

They asked for permission, which they didn't really have to do, with Roman's WR coach in SF, Ronald Curry, and I believe they spoke to him about the job in the last couple days. I have no idea what happened, but it was between those two, and maybe others.