Sports Guy cruel gag gift

mary owen

maybe it's my state of mind at this particular time, but this is some of the funniest sh*t i've read in a while

Have you been keeping up with the super blog?

Most fruitless search: The Steelers AFC championship T-shirt

You know how they make all the "AFC/NFC Championship" shirts ahead of time, then destroy the ones for the teams that ended up losing in those games? Sometimes they sell those for half-price during Super Bowl Week, so I walked down Bay Street (near the stadium) and went inside every "unofficial" NFL Merchandise store, hoping to find one for the Steelers that I could give to my friend Dave Dameshek -- the Pittsburgh native who proclaimed that the Steelers had "the best offense in football" two months ago. But I couldn't find one.

And that brings me to my last point: If anyone from the NFL is reading this, do NOT destroy those T-shirts anymore. Not only are they a fantastic joke gift, as well as a subtle-yet-effective way to torture your friends, they make for a strangely satisfying memento for fans from the winning team. For example, right after Super Bowl XXXVI, I bought a Rams "2002 World Champions" T-shirt and matching cup that I still have to this day. It's one of my prized possessions, almost like a hunter keeping a deer's head over his fireplace. Anyway, stop destroying this stuff. I don't ask for much

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ons/superblog/4

maybe it's my state of mind at this particular time, but this is some of the funniest sh*t i've read in a while

Not a regular reader are ya?

Relatively speaking, I didn't find anything special about that particular passage. I think he's the funniest guy in all of media.

My favorite quote of the last month was:

"Where can I sign up for a no-limit hold 'em tournament with Marty Schottenheimer and Herman Edwards?"

Not a regular reader are ya? 

Relatively speaking, I didn't find anything special about that particular passage.  I think he's the funniest guy in all of media.

My favorite quote of the last month was:

"Where can I sign up for a no-limit hold 'em tournament with Marty Schottenheimer and Herman Edwards?"

229578[/snapback]

oh, on the contrary. been reading Simmons for a couple years now.

it's all very good stuff. this just struck a note with me because it sounds like something I'd do. And i'm up at 2:54 am.

That brings me to a story about my wife (girlfriend at the time).

She saw a "Buffalo Sabres 1999 Stanley Cup Champions" tee shirt and bought it for me. Her reasoning was that they should have won, so the tee shirt makes up for it. I still have it buried somewhere, but she still doesn't get why i don't wear it.