Popeye's Chicken

I went here today, for their raised, but still really good priced Two Piece Tuesday. Anyway, I was the only person in line. I was ordering for two different people, with two different cards. I told them this, but they told me only one order per car on Tuesdays. Which normally, makes sense, because Tuesday is their busiest day. But there was literally nobody in line. So I had to order, drive around in a circle, with STILL nobody in line, just to order the same exact thing. Ridiculous.

/Rant.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went here today, for their raised, but still really good priced Two Piece Tuesday. Anyway, I was the only person in line. I was ordering for two different people, with two different cards. I told them this, but they told me only one order per car on Tuesdays. Which normally, makes sense, because Tuesday is their busiest day. But there was literally nobody in line. So I had to order, drive around in a circle, with STILL nobody in line, just to order the same exact thing. Ridiculous.

/Rant.

So in other words, you're just like a 75 year-old lady at the supermarket. I'm surprised you didn't try to pay by check.

/Rant.

sucks to be you.

Every Popeye's I've been to has some of the worst service, but the food is so good that it's worth it.

True dat! I went to the one on Niagara Falls Boulevard in NF and the service was ridiculously bad, but the food was soooo good. I had the Red Stick chicken, cajun rice, and cajun fries.....Didn't know about the Tuesday deal, will definitely have to check that out...

Edited by ricojes

When I was little, my aunt refused to take me to KFC because the chickens were grown on a plant in inhumane conditions. I Literally thought that chickens were growing on a plant like cucumbers or something! Inhumane!? I didn't know what that meant but it sounded frankensteinish!!! I believed this for quite a while as I remember.

When I was little, my aunt refused to take me to KFC because the chickens were grown on a plant in inhumane conditions. I Literally thought that chickens were growing on a plant like cucumbers or something! Inhumane!? I didn't know what that meant but it sounded frankensteinish!!! I believed this for quite a while as I remember.

Technically, they're a tuber. So they grow under the plant. Like carrots. Or hamsters.

Only because I happened to be going anyway. She paid for herself, which never happened before.

i just..... well..... ok then.

im going to get back to the reasonable folks and discuss hamster plants instead of your ridiculousness.

Edited by NoSaint

There used to be Church's Chicken in BFLO... I think on The East Side. The name is still around but taken over by Popeye's. Good thing they did because everytime I see a Church's (around here) I can't not think of this crazy conspiracy story... Oh my!

"Food conspiracy theories are pretty interesting. The famous Churchs Fried Chicken chain has one associated it, and it originated in the mid-80s. At the time, it was believed that the company was owned by White supremacist gang the Klu Klux Klan (KKK), who have always had a vendetta against African Americans.

Since it is no secret that the KKK hates Black people, it was allegedly thought that these haters tainted their chicken recipe with an ingredient that would render all Black men sterile.

Yes, you read that right.

The Churchs Fried Chicken chain was started by a San Antonio, Texas, entrepreneur named George Church in 1952. The business first began as a single run stand, but then it quickly gained popularity and branched out across Texas and eventually on to other states. Churchs son, George Church Jr., took the business over in 1965, the same year that the company went public.

Author/folklorist Patricia Turner, who wrote I Heard It Through the Grapevine about conspiracy theories, says that the Churchs Fried Chicken myth seems to have been exacerbated by the fact that it located its franchises primarily in neighborhoods with high concentrations of Blacks. The chain also did little advertising as compared with other fast-food companies.

Furthermore, by being a southern-based company and offering a southern menu that commonly identified with the African-American home kitchen, Churchs had transgressed into somewhat sacred territory. Therefore, when people heard the rumor, they totally believed that the Klan was more than capable of carrying out such a well-devised and diabolical plan.

By the time Churchs was taken over by Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken and Biscuits in 1989, the unfounded conspiracy theories had waned.

Still, this provocative conspiracy theory continues to be shared, with some authenticating the myth by swearing they saw this theory reported on television.

To this day, I and I hang my head down in shame as I write this will not allow any of my male family members to consume Churchs Fried Chicken!"

LoL... But Popeye's is okay!

Crazy. I never heard that.

That was actually my high school and first job. I was 17 back in 1996 waiting for the bus after high school. Westchester High in Inglewood, CA. I stopped by to ask for a job like at 330. I got the job and started working that same damn day at 5 or 6pm.

African americans love their chicken. Lol. I remember on sundays like at 12pm, omg, everybody getting out of church would storm that place.

Heres my rank for chicken and my rank for hot sauce.

Best chicken from the main 3 joints (not the local guys)

Popeyes

Kfc

Churchs

Best hot sauce (there is a slight difference)

Kfc

Churchs

Popeyes

My fave from all 3 is kfc. By adding their sauce, they rise to an overall rank of #1.

/Rant.

That's sad man.

That's like letting getting fired and humiliated in front of your mom and kids.

The drive of shame....