OSU's Cardale Jones considering NFL jump

Punch

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody care to hazard a guess on his Wonderlic?

I love how someone brings up the Wonderlic with every single black QB prospect, but I never see it mentioned when discussing white QB prospects. Racism strikes subconsciously quite often.

Anybody care to hazard a guess on his Wonderlic?

Actually, I think it is likely just fine......your showing your bias here......the kid perservered as a third stringer and got his shot. He has no guarantee to play next year at OSU, and were I him, I would go to the NFL....and pay my own tuition to finish my degree when I could.

Gotta sell high.

I love how someone brings up the Wonderlic with every single black QB prospect, but I never see it mentioned when discussing white QB prospects. Racism strikes subconsciously quite often.

I heard all about Fitz's score but I do think there is something to your point.

I hope for Jones it's more of a case of his comments about school and classes. It's also worth noting that Jim Kelly and Marino got 15s and Jeff George got a 10! http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2011/03/qb-wonderlic-scores.html Dumb people come in all in forms, though I do think football intelligence is different from academic intelligence.

As for Jones, I think he is a talented player who benefits in a great system. A system where Tim Tebow was a star. I wonder if his stock will ever be higher. I tihnk he should jump but I won't touch him before the 3rd. Very risky, high reward prospect.

Oh, stop. This kid has obviously said some things in the past that would naturally lead people to make jokes about him being stupid on an internet forum. (Which could be way off base, of course. He could very well be smart.) Not a race thing.

According to friends of mine who follow the OSU program intently, that is most certainly NOT Cardale's most important focus.

Yep, I believe he said something to the effect when he got on campus in Columbus school is a waste of time for football players & they shouldn't be required to go.

Edited by Gordio

He would be very smart to go pro

I was all set to type something up but Kirby hit the nail on the head.

I think that coming out is definitely in Cardale's best interest. He has all of the physical tools and will be off of the board by the end of the 2nd. There isn't a lot of tape on him to be picked apart like Matt Barkley for example. He should come out and just workout at his pro day. What he has out there now is the tape of a pro QB. He's kinda Ben and kinda Culpepper. Let some team draft him on his potential.

Limited tape and what tape there is has huge production. He certainly looks the part and it is funny you mention Culpepper because I had the same though simply though becuase he looks a bit fat. He looks like he still has baby fat on his face! That said there isn't anything on film really to knock him down and the paralysis by analysis that happens around draft time would be limited with this kid. If he comes out it really wouldn't surprise me to see him the 3rd qb off the board and gone by pick 50.

What about the 250 pound behemoth who makes all the throws? Say what you want. The kids impressive.

Definitely an impressive start to his career. But it is a great system that gets guys wide open and works in college. Meyer's QBs haven't transitioned well to the pros. Plus, once teams get more tape on a QB, they tend to adjust.

I've impressed but it's so early in his career.