12 Year old boy Hand writes letters to all 32 Team

Cool story and good for him. When I was a kid in the 70s I would write lots of teams/players looking for an autograpgh or some kind of keepsake. A few players would take the time to autograph something and write a return letter. To this day there are a bunch of players and teams that I am fans of simply because they took a few minutes to write me back.

marrone thought it was a job offer.. its stuffed in his bag full of visors

Cool story and good for him. When I was a kid in the 70s I would write lots of teams/players looking for an autograpgh or some kind of keepsake. A few players would take the time to autograph something and write a return letter. To this day there are a bunch of players and teams that I am fans of simply because they took a few minutes to write me back.

i wrote gov Rockefeller when ralph was threatening to move the team - think i was 14

edit.. i forgot to mention that he listened, and caved in to ralph's demand for a new stadium.

your welcome. 😋

Edited by BackInDaDay

Yeah when I was a kid I did the same thing.....

When I was a kid I wrote a letter to Jim Kelly. He sent me a 5x7 black and white picture with a robo copy of his signature. Joe Ferguson sent me a nice 8x10 glossy with a real signature and and wrote my name and best wishes on it. I still have those somewhere. I also wrote Arnold Palmer. He sent me a nice 8x10 photo with a real signature. I wrote Sam Snead a couple times, but he never srote back. For some reason, I wrote the Dukes of Hazzard for their autographs, too. John Schneider (Bo) sent me back a nice photo with a real signature, but he addressed his best wishes to my dad (whose name was on the return address sticker). He must not have read my whole letter, lol. Tom Wopat (Luke) never wrote back.

I also used to write to the Bills every year when I was a kid. It was such a thrill to get a large white envelope in the mail with the Bills logo on the return address. I felt pretty important. The Bills would send a bunch of pictures, stats about their previous draft picks, franchise history, etc. They also sent info about Rich Stadium.

When I was a kid I wrote a letter to Jim Kelly. He sent me a 5x7 black and white picture with a robo copy of his signature. Joe Ferguson sent me a nice 8x10 glossy with a real signature and and wrote my name and best wishes on it. I still have those somewhere. I also wrote Arnold Palmer. He sent me a nice 8x10 photo with a real signature. I wrote Sam Snead a couple times, but he never srote back. For some reason, I wrote the Dukes of Hazzard for their autographs, too. John Schneider (Bo) sent me back a nice photo with a real signature, but he addressed his best wishes to my dad (whose name was on the return address sticker). He must not have read my whole letter, lol. Tom Wopat (Luke) never wrote back.

I also used to write to the Bills every year when I was a kid. It was such a thrill to get a large white envelope in the mail with the Bills logo on the return address. I felt pretty important. The Bills would send a bunch of pictures, stats about their previous draft picks, franchise history, etc. They also sent info about Rich Stadium.

I remember getting those in mail as well. Do they still do that

My 9-year old nephew sent a letter to Drew Brees with a football card; he autographed the card and sent it back, which I thought was kind of cool.

I remember when I was 8 and wrote a letter to Ronald Reagan. I got back this package of stuff, including photos of the prez. It made me a fan of his for life!

Where did you grow up? During the 2008 election I volunteered at Obama headquarters, sorting letters from kids. Kids from blue states got a letter in return. Kids from red states got nothing. Kids from swing states got a whole care package.

Only time I ever wrote a letter to a team, I wrote it to Ralph C. Wilson. I was 11 at the time. Few weeks later I got a letter from Detroit, Michigan. Mr. Wilson had responded in general terms to my complaints and thanked me for caring so much. It was also signed in fresh blue ink. No stamp. Wish I still had it.

That is kinda sad. I grew up in Rochester, NY.

What's funny is that when I wrote Reagan in 1986, I was complaining about this superfund project, which had the potential to go through our yard. I got this form letter, picture, and package in the mail, and completely forgot about superfund and became a Reagan fan.

You wrote Reagan to complain about somebody trying to cleanup hazardous waste in your backyard?

Explanation? As a planner these days, any superfund sites have to be approved/recommended by the DEA. Locally any superfund site is generally a really hazardous brownfield. Hickory Woods is still a point of conflict in SoBlo, and that took over a decade to even acknowledge a problem.

Sorry maybe this is better for PPP