Spiller sounds like he is likely to come back

I might even go 5 years Kirby since he's still relatively young-- and bump it to $20 million -- back end load the base salaries...

something like 5 years $21 million

$6.5 million up front

1st year base - $1 million

$1.5 million reporting bonus in year 2

2nd year base $1.5 million

3rd year base

$2.5 million

4th year base

$3.5 million

5th year base

$4.5 million

I mean what is he going to be looking for? Any way to gauge what CJ will expect he's worth?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what Spiller brings to the table. He was terribly used by the old regime. If Rex can get him the ball in space then hes got plenty of tread left on his tires to be a dynamic playmaker on the offense. Not to mention hes been the consummate teammate and professional throughout his entire career here, including playing WR at one point.

If he wants to be back I want him back if the price is right.

I am as high on the coach signings as anyone.....but please tell me how he would thrive under a OC who is known for a power running attack.

I presume this is the kind of thing that GR and RR would decide - do they see CJ as part of the offense that the Bills will run. If so, bring him back. If they are going to waste his talents like Saint Doug, there would be no reason to do so.

Spiller is one of the worst RBs the Bills have ever drafted. He doesn't know how to block, follow a block or hold on to the ball. He doesn't know how to fall forward after contact and that is after playing with one of the best yards after contact RBs in NFL history.

Just, No.

We can find some UDFA RB that can dance in the hole and fumble to replace Spiller.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I don't think money is an issue with the new ownership. I think they will sign whomever they can, as long as it makes cap sense. I see us signing Hughes, Spikes, Searcy (unless Rex brings in his safety from NY), and I think they will extend Dareus.

The guy spent about 400 million over market value just to get the keys to the Dodge. He will scratch out some major bank to put greatness on the field.

I hope he doesn't go crazy like Snyder and throw good money after bad, like Haynesworth.

The early consensus is Ryan/Roman will be run first and ground & pound offense. Spiller's injury history should be a concern not only for the Bills but any team. He just can't stay healthy and he is a risky signing because of that. He is an explosive player and has great skills but .......

I don't think money is an issue with the new ownership. I think they will sign whomever they can, as long as it makes cap sense. I see us signing Hughes, Spikes, Searcy (unless Rex brings in his safety from NY), and I think they will extend Dareus.

The guy spent about 400 million over market value just to get the keys to the Dodge. He will scratch out some major bank to put greatness on the field.

I hope he doesn't go crazy like Snyder and throw good money after bad, like Haynesworth.

1.) He paid market value for the Bills.

2.) There is a salary cap in the NFL.

Spiller is one of the worst RBs the Bills have ever drafted. He doesn't know how to block, follow a block or hold on to the ball. He doesn't know how to fall forward after contact and that is after playing with one of the best yards after contact RBs in NFL history. Just, No. We can find some UDFA RB that can dance in the hole and fumble to replace Spiller.

Spiller is much better than you give him credit for. He was, for a time, excellent. Nearly unstoppable. Obviously, that isn't sustainable for him and he does have problems blocking and making something out of nothing. But if there is space and you can get him rolling and he's healthy, he's very dangerous. Not to mention, his full potential in the passing game has yet to be realized but he is capable of putting up numbers there too.

If you can keep Spiller you do. He's a fantastic talent who you draft high. You don't need to overpay but you can't just let him go without a competitive offer.

The early consensus is Ryan/Roman will be run first and ground & pound offense. Spiller's injury history should be a concern not only for the Bills but any team. He just can't stay healthy and he is a risky signing because of that. He is an explosive player and has great skills but .......

True except the skills part.

He is a track star that hasn't learned the craft of RB in the same meeting room as one of the craftiest RBs in NFL History.

True he is a positive person, but he is not dumb (outside of sometimes while carrying a football). I think he wouldn't have used those terms. He wouldn't have said "We." Or he would have prefaced it first, saying, "I hope I'm back..."

And the wonderlic - single digits there.

I'm guessing he's consideringbhimself a bill til he's no longer a bill. I think it's a good approach for guys to take, regardless of if he actually is.

I think you are 100% correct; Pegula will never shy away from spending money if he thinks it will help the team.

Spiller is one of the worst RBs the Bills have ever drafted. He doesn't know how to block, follow a block or hold on to the ball. He doesn't know how to fall forward after contact and that is after playing with one of the best yards after contact RBs in NFL history.

Just, No.

We can find some UDFA RB that can dance in the hole and fumble to replace Spiller.

This

Spiller is much better than you give him credit for. He was, for a time, excellent. Nearly unstoppable. Obviously, that isn't sustainable for him and he does have problems blocking and making something out of nothing. But if there is space and you can get him rolling and he's healthy, he's very dangerous. Not to mention, his full potential in the passing game has yet to be realized but he is capable of putting up numbers there too.

If you can keep Spiller you do. He's a fantastic talent who you draft high. You don't need to overpay but you can't just let him go without a competitive offer.

Square peg. Round hole. As much as you want it to fit, as hard as you try, you just cannot make his style work in a system unfit for his ability.

Do you really want to watch Spiller between the tackles again next year?

Square peg. Round hole. As much as you want it to fit, as hard as you try, you just cannot make his style work in a system unfit for his ability.

Do you really want to watch Spiller between the tackles again next year?

I actually liked him better as a slot Receiver when Chan was Ina pinch for a WR.

I will give you that he has great hands.

Can't block, follow a block, or hold on to the ball, but can catch.