Peyton Manning played through torn quad since mid-Dec

YoloinOhio

If he was really that injured, then he was very selfish by playing. He was throwing absolutely ducks last night. I get it, he's Peyton. But a torn muscle and still playing likely didn't give his team the best chance to win.

If he doesn't play, he's soft. He does, he's selfish.

I'm sure if we had Peyton Manning, we'd be cool with the unproven backup QB playing in a playoff game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that it is a bad injury but am laughing at everyone pointing the finger at him for the loss. The Denver D stank the field up.

I disagree. This looked like a Bills game where the Broncos D played very well but their O had a tough time doing much after that first drive. Notice how many short/behind the LOS passes Luck was throwing early on.

I'm sure if we had Peyton Manning, we'd be cool with the unproven backup QB playing in a playoff game.

It depends on whether Fox knew of the injury yet stuck with him through the rest of the season. Or did PM hide the injury to get through the season. If it was the former, I am sure Fox would be in a terrible quandary. How does a coach bench a Peyton Manning and have the fan base trust it was for the better of the team ? Much easier to bench an EJ Manuel than a Peyton Manning.

I disagree. This looked like a Bills game where the Broncos D played very well but their O had a tough time doing much after that first drive. Notice how many short/behind the LOS passes Luck was throwing early on.

It depends on whether Fox knew of the injury yet stuck with him through the rest of the season. Or did PM hide the injury to get through the season. If it was the former, I am sure Fox would be in a terrible quandary. How does a coach bench a Peyton Manning and have the fan base trust it was for the better of the team ? Much easier to bench an EJ Manuel than a Peyton Manning.

its also easier to bench manning if you know you have a great fill in -- maybe buy him a week or two at the end of the season.... but....

Could explain lack of velocity; mechanics

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Details of Peyton Manning's torn quad injury... http://es.pn/1IErLBK http://fb.me/1JIyZQgWz

"Manning did what he could to intentionally conceal the injury from as many people as he could" - Schefter

Doesn't surprise me.

The demeanor, and body language of the Donks offense during the game said to me: 'we're going to lose'.

So, two examples over 25 years? It's definitely difficult to predict what Osweiler/Dysert have, but the smart money is on neither of them.

You can say that for every QB. like 90% will fail.

But those guys are in about as good of a situation to suceed. I wish we developed EJ like that.

Manning will be back

He can still play.... It looks like it wasn't father time so much as a VERY painful injury that slowed him down.

For a noodle arm he OVERTHREW people deep a handful of times. I think he will be fine and will wait to see what Denver does with FA and coaches.

Hopefully for Denver the Raiders hire Del Rio. His performance as D coordinator is Wanny-esque. So much talent on Denver's D and they were a total no-show at home.

After a few days/weeks go by and the immediate sting of losing goes away and he starts to heal up he'll want to be right back out there.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You can say that for every QB. like 90% will fail.

But those guys are in about as good of a situation to suceed. I wish we developed EJ like that.

EH. EJ Manuel needs to man the F up and perform. Not everyone is drafted to sit behind Favre or Montana.

I wish EJ had half of Russel Wilson's attitude.

EH. EJ Manuel needs to man the F up and perform. Not everyone is drafted to sit behind Favre or Montana.

I wish EJ had half of Russel Wilson's attitude.

I don't disagree with this at all. EJ seems too nice. He could use a little more eff you attitude.

He could have started by knocking Tim Graham out.

Isn't that against league policy to not disclose an injury?

Yes, but it'll only result in a cheating reference if it's Belichick and the Patriots who do the devious deed. :rolleyes:

I hope he comes back with a new HC and goes out on a better note...

Dwnver fans booing him off the field was sick to watch

I can't imagine Peyton would want to subject himself to the grind of being a HC after calling it quits. The guy's worth what, $100M ... he outta ride off into the sunset and relax for the rest of his life. Or, get into some aspect of ownership.

I too thought the booing was tough to watch though, I can understand in some ways as Manning has no real connection to Denver fans other than being a highly paid, hired hand brought in to win them a SB ..... something that Manning didn't deliver. Still, be that as it may, I thought it was dis-respectful for them to boo him off the field as they did

Isn't that against league policy to not disclose an injury?

It was disclosed. He was on the Broncos injury report as "thigh injury". it is not required to disclose the specifics or the severity of the injury.

This. Remember all the cr*p Cutler took when he came out of a playoff game? It's a lose-lose situation for a QB

Could explain lack of velocity; mechanics

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Details of Peyton Manning's torn quad injury... http://es.pn/1IErLBK http://fb.me/1JIyZQgWz

"Manning did what he could to intentionally conceal the injury from as many people as he could" - Schefter

Hopefully Denver wants to move on and Peyton sees what is going on here in Buffalo and joins the party.

As I said in another thread Peyton needs to sit for the first month and preseason so he can be fresh for the postseason.