Peyton Manning played through torn quad since mid-Dec

YoloinOhio

Hopefully Denver wants to move on and Peyton sees what is going on here in Buffalo and joins the party.

As I said in another thread Peyton needs to sit for the first month and preseason so he can be fresh for the postseason.

Actually, you need to have Peyton on the roster for the regular season to get you into the playoffs and you need a 2nd QB on the roster to get you through the playoffs.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What explains the other 8 first round playoff losses?

Impressed he could play through the injury.

Denver and Elway should get a call from Roger or more worrisome some guys in Vegas.

Any professional gambler putting money on Manning in a "game one" playoff game isn't going to get help from Goodell....

He was in decline since week 11......

This~

Something happened either at the end of the Raider game that carried over to the St Louis game, or it happened in that week 11 Rams game. 54 passes for 389 yards 1 TD, 2 INT's

Its a big time problem with an injury (bursa sac elbow, shoulder, neck) that he doesn't want to discuss with the rest of the world. i'm fairly sure his team knows whats up because they came out running a whole lot more after that Rams game. They then developed a power ground game, and limited Manning's throwing.

This~

Something happened either at the end of the Raider game that carried over to the St Louis game, or it happened in that week 11 Rams game. 54 passes for 389 yards 1 TD, 2 INT's

Its a big time problem with an injury (bursa sac elbow, shoulder, neck) that he doesn't want to discuss with the rest of the world. i'm fairly sure his team knows whats up because they came out running a whole lot more after that Rams game. They then developed a power ground game, and limited Manning's throwing.

didnt julius also get hurt then, among others on the offense.

i think a few things came together for his "decline" late in the year. i think many of them will be healed by next september, as only a small portion was simply age this year, imo

didnt julius also get hurt then, among others on the offense.

i think a few things came together for his "decline" late in the year. i think many of them will be healed by next september, as only a small portion was simply age this year, imo

The argument is that the injuries are because of age. I mean, not many rookie qbs tearing quads. At least not simply by throwing (which reportedly this happened against SD on a routine throw).

Edited by MoreOffense

Peyton was not the only factor in the playoff loses. Here in Indy the whipping boy for the team was the offensive line. Fans blamed them for many playoff losses and regular season games against physical defenses. Manning can get you to the playoffs but it is a team effort. Yesterday his accuracy on open deep passes was just a little bit off. That could have been the quad. The Broncos as a team was battered. The healthier and hungrier team won.

The argument is that the injuries are because of age. I mean, not many rookie qbs tearing quads. At least not simply by throwing (which reportedly this happened against SD on a routine throw).

Not many old qbs tearing quads either though. I do think he has more doubts today than 6 weeks ago though.

Peyton looked hurt the last month plus of the season. Just didn't look like the same guy. The guy will be 39 next season would be interesting to see if he could put together one more year. Denver might not be able to keep all their offensive free agents but if they could keep the team together for one more run I Would like to see Peyton give it a go for one more year.