Rex interested in Bill Callahan? (Update)hired in Washington

YoloinOhio

I dont mean to be the bad guy here, but Pegulas open wallet is what led to the demise of the Sabres. He is following the same blue print. Hopefully it ends different.

Partly but not really. The Sabres demise was Darcy somewhat picked the wrong guys for the Pegulas to go schmooze and overpay. And the bigger problem were the guys already here that didn't perform. Regher won a championship with the Kings. Ehrhoff had no one to play next to. Only Leino was a complete washout. The money wasn't really the problem.

Similarly with the old Bills, the money spent really wasn't the problem. It was the wrong guys the money was spent on. Pegulas are now about paying the management and coaches good money, so they make better decisions. That is what is going to be the difference.

I dont mean to be the bad guy here, but Pegulas open wallet is what led to the demise of the Sabres. He is following the same blue print. Hopefully it ends different.

no such thing happened. He tried to make a push with Reigers roster into a playoff contender and that didn't work so we gutted Reigers mess including Reiger and started over.

I for one am still very happy we gutted that roster and look forward to the A Sabres future when our players start to come of age

Edited by ddaryl