I Absolutely LOVE the New Hires and I Will Tell You Why

Roman's first few years with San Francisco were pretty great. They didn't look so hot this year. I hope it has more to do with the Harbaugh fall out than him losing his creativity. Maybe he can even get Manuel where we want him to be. EJ is not anywhere near Kap's raw talent, but some of his issues are similar. Roman did a good job scheming with those in mind.

I'm really excited. Hope there's a way we retain our defensive staff (Schwartz, Pepper and Donnie) despite Rex moving in, but if we can't I trust Rex and his crew with our defensive talent.

From what I read, Harbaugh was over ruling play calls this year and forcing SF to pass more. When left to his own devices, Roman's offense performed just fine.

The defense was 4th in the league under Pettine via Football Outsiders. It was very, very good.

Still way too many big plays in the run game under Pettine. Much better against the run this year while maintaining pressure on the QB.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your post Flutie great points. Ryan and Roman should make a good combination, I am not worried about the D as even Henderson would make a good DC and reports are that Thurman, Ryan's DC with the Jets is coming here. I have no problem with that. If Roman can do with EJ some of the good things he did with Colin Kapernick in his first year then we may have a serviceable QB in EJ

Most important thing we need to focus on in the next 3 years is beating Brady and the Pats with whoever our mediocre qb happens to be.

If we don't beat them we will never win a championship.

Rex is the only proven HC in the world that has beat up the Pats multiple times without a great qb. In fact, he almost did it twice this year with Geno.

As far as resume goes, he wins in my book.

Always liked guy, glad he's on board.

Rex's record vs Belichick is 4-9. I know it's better than our Bills, but let's not make it sound like he owns NE.

Edited by Jets Hater