Meanwhile @ Gang Green: Jets fans react

I feel really good about this situation, especially if Roman is hired and Schwartz is retained as DC. Remember this D only improved from the Pettine / Ryan scheme to Schwartz's 4-3. No doubt Rex is a huge mind and talent on the D side of the ball but imagine that he does a Bellicheat and sets that aside or uses it only to enhance the possibility of winning. Keep in mind this team may only be two guards and a half decent run game away from winning even with Manuel under center.

There is hope for the 2015 season.

This is from the Carolina board, just seeing what they're up to...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/110721-rex-to-the-bills/

I think it's his hatred of pats that lured him to the bills and their borderline elite D. He's going to give afc qbs nightmares.

Borderline elite D is ten times better then their johnny come lately D, but they have some DB's that are getting better every day.http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/110721-rex-to-the-bills/

Edited by jboyst62

EJ never had games as bad as some of Geno's. Tampa is close but Geno has had 0.0 QBR.

EJ also had never had as good games as Geno had. Geno threw for 300+ yards multiple times. Both are QBs that require a lot of work.

You know perspective. We hated Rex and everything he stood for too when he was coaching against us. On and off the field. Now, I am not sure what to think. I think he's the best coach we'll have since Wade Phillips for sure. I just hope we don't become the bottom of the barrel in terms of class as an organization. I hope The Pegulas can keep him in line off the field.

This was obviously a move to keep us relevant and make life miserable for Tommy Boy twice a season. On the whole, you can't argue we got the best coach available.

C

What did Rex do that was so "out of line" off the field?