Schwartz may remain DC...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also read on PFT that Schwartz has already spoken to Rex and they plan to meet once the deal is finalized.

Maybe thats why there is no PC today.

Wants to have his OC/DC set when he is intoduced as our new HC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/report-bills-want-to-keep-jim-schwartz/

CBF

I think Rex and Jim will sit down to make sure they are both on the same page and also for Rex to tell Jim that this is still his defense and that he will still run it his way.

I think Schwartz stays. I know he is a great DC but also DC’s are only as good as the players they have around them.

Bills are loaded with talent on defense and I would be shocked if he left because I don’t see any DC openings that have the same amount of talent as the Bills

CBF

I really really really hope Schwartz stays but I just don't see how it will work. Schwartz and Pepper both have egos and if Rex and Thurman come in and try and tell them how to do their job they might not all play nice together

I really really really hope Schwartz stays but I just don't see how it will work. Schwartz and Pepper both have egos and if Rex and Thurman come in and try and tell them how to do their job they might not all play nice together

Won't matter if Schwartz stays. Schwartz took this team to top 5 but Rex will make it #1.

Won't matter if Schwartz stays. Schwartz took this team to top 5 but Rex will make it #1.

I'd rather he focus on doing whatever it takes to be good on offense. I know he's not an "offensive guy" but neither is Belicheat supposedly and look at all of the crazy stuff NE has been doing lately

I think the Schwartz working for Ryan idea is likely to not work out. Thinking this through.....Schwartz came here to get to be HC.......now, Ryan in place with a 5 year deal.....the Bills have turned down a couple of requests to talk to Schwartz about a DC job, one in Washington. Forgetting about football...Schwartz can coach any D in the league....and make his $2mil or what ever...the business question here is where is he most likely to get a HC job again in the future. The answer is, first of all, now not in Buffalo...Rex a fixture for 5 years its says.....but, in Washington.....don't know how long Dan Snyder is going to let Gruden tend the shop there. And, Schwartz may very well want to move on where Gruden may have a year or two before he gets canned.....or some other situation like that elsewhere in the league. So, I am not going to be surprised if Schwartz asks to be released.....and the Bills will agree to that imho. And, Ryan really doesn't care...other than he will try to please his new employers since they apparently have spoken to him about that. Ryan will then bring in the Jets staff on the D side.......I hate all this, we needed turnover on the coaching side on the O, but didn't on the D. The new owners didn't pick the right HC for stability on the D side. All these coaching changes....keep the Bills from progressing. Look at the Pats....those guys have been playing in the same system for more than a decade, and there is not starting over every year in learning their reads, reactions etc. Its why the Bills are always loosers. And, the most recent chance for stability...was really to make Schwartz HC.

I think the Schwartz working for Ryan idea is likely to not work out. Thinking this through.....Schwartz came here to get to be HC.......now, Ryan in place with a 5 year deal.....the Bills have turned down a couple of requests to talk to Schwartz about a DC job, one in Washington. Forgetting about football...Schwartz can coach any D in the league....and make his $2mil or what ever...the business question here is where is he most likely to get a HC job again in the future. The answer is, first of all, now not in Buffalo...Rex a fixture for 5 years its says.....but, in Washington.....don't know how long Dan Snyder is going to let Gruden tend the shop there. And, Schwartz may very well want to move on where Gruden may have a year or two before he gets canned.....or some other situation like that elsewhere in the league. So, I am not going to be surprised if Schwartz asks to be released.....and the Bills will agree to that imho. And, Ryan really doesn't care...other than he will try to please his new employers since they apparently have spoken to him about that. Ryan will then bring in the Jets staff on the D side.......I hate all this, we needed turnover on the coaching side on the O, but didn't on the D. The new owners didn't pick the right HC for stability on the D side. All these coaching changes....keep the Bills from progressing. Look at the Pats....those guys have been playing in the same system for more than a decade, and there is not starting over every year in learning their reads, reactions etc. Its why the Bills are always loosers. And, the most recent chance for stability...was really to make Schwartz HC.

I'll take Rex as HC over Schwartz as HC all day long.

I feel bad for Schwartz but if i were him i would stay if it makes sense. Jumping from team to team doesn't make you a HC candidate again stability will. I think he he stays another year or two he will be considered for alot more jobs in the future. Especially if his defense stays the same or improves and shows that he can work with Ryan.

Looking at the past six years, the Jets D is first in pass yards, completion percentage, first downs, and yards per play. It's second in total yards. This all despite a poor GM.

Chris Simms called Rex the best defensive mind in the NFL in the past 10 or 15 years. With those stats, it's hard to disagree.

While I appreciate what Schwartz did last year, and the loyalty the players feel toward him, it's hard not to view him as expendable.

I like Schwartz and hope he wants to stay on. Sounds like if he wants to remain as DC, they will keep him. If he disagrees with Rex's philosophy or if his ego is too big and feels jilted by the Bills...then see ya Jim.

I was bummed when Pettine left last season but it just goes to show it's a players league and this defense will still be solid with or without Schwartz. Same thing on offense. If the Bills get a solid QB and upgrade O-line the offensive coordinator will suddenly look like a genius in 2015.

I'll say this much...If Rex is serious about retaining Schwartz, and manages to do so, it shows me already that he's learned some lessons...A great HC knows when to put ego aside for the betterment of his team...Something Marrone struggled with...I think the Rex that went to NY a few years back would never even consider keeping a guy like Schwartz around if the situation was similar...His ego would have gotten the better of him...But maybe this Rex is different...By all accounts Rex is a guy who is easy to get along with, and I'm certain if he's serious about getting out of the way and letting the current DC continue to do his job he'll be able to sell that to Schwartz easily...That would impress me...It would tell me Rex is evolving...And that would be a very nice first step for his regime in Buffalo... B-)

Tthe Bills have had two D coordinators the past two years and have been very good on that side of the ball anyway. It's all about the talent. Also, it's not like a totally new scheme as they played in it under Pettine a year ago. I'm not worried about retaining Schwartz at all, the D will be fine under Ryan.

Now, the offence...

Look at the Pats....those guys have been playing in the same system for more than a decade, and there is not starting over every year in learning their reads, reactions etc. Its why the Bills are always loosers. And, the most recent chance for stability...was really to make Schwartz HC.

The Pats lose OC every year to go on to be HCs. So many on that pipeline, Weiss, Mangini, Crennel etc

The Bills announced on Monday that Rex Ryan is their new coach. Ryan is expected to bring on Dennis Thurman as defensive coordinator, according to NFL Media's Kimberly Jones. Niners offensive coordinator Greg Roman is the favorite to for the same role in Buffalo, per NFL Media Insider ian Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451073/article/coaching-visits-tracker

just spreading the speculation