NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

K D

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is a solid coach. The offensive talent on the Jets was abysmal, and the team didn't quit on him. Despite being one sided I tend to agree with this article: http://q.usatoday.com/2014/11/05/the-jets-will-make-a-mistake-when-they-fire-rex-ryan/

I'm fine with the move.

How is this different than The Bills? Yet the Bills managed to win more than twice as many games as the Jets last year. And, for the record, I think the Jets quit in many games in 2014. They did rally to save Rex's job though---oh, wait--

This team needed an experienced hc and I was expecting and wanting Shanahan, Mike. I think Rex will work out just fine for us though. Knows how to beat the Pats and that helps us. He needs to show himself as being a good head coach NOW.

Dean, you are out of your element as a pissed off poster.

I think I get your feelings on Rex but think you will see that this was the way forward. Doug Marrone quit on the team, the players, his assistant coaches, the owner, the guys that hired him. And not to mention he seemingly alienated everyone he came in contact with. How he chose not to stay on is beyond me. Pegulas seem to be very loyal people and treat everyone with respect, dignity and class.

Maybe that's it. Those are characteristics Doug does not have and maybe all that made him feel uncomfortable?

Him quitting us will be the best thing to happen in a long time. You see the response from Pegulas to instant problem they were not expecting to have to deal with. I like how they handled it and what they came up with. This is worth celebrating as a Bills fan as this is not how things would have shaken out any time in the past.

Viva El Pegual!

:lol: Yes, I know.

I love your optimism (though I can't figure out where it comes from) and I hope you are right.

personnel? Like assembling the coaching staff and harmony among philosophies. Jeesh Debbie Downer. You're pesimism is nearly stojanic.

I fully believe Ryan can be the HCnwith superior assistants.

Personnel as in drafting players. He wants control of the roster. Good luck. It takes a few more brain cells than I imagine Rex has to be a good GM.

I hope you are right about his "ability". But why do you fell that way? Where has he "proven" he has those skills? Rex is a media fabrication as a HC. He was an outstanding DC, like his father. But he hasn't' shown he has what it takes to be a good HC. But the media loves his bombastic style---and so do some fans, apparently. I simply can't see how that translates to WINS. As far as I can tell, many if not most, of the great HCs are fairly quiet and don't' make spectacles of themselves.

http://youtu.be/s9JqbCH4aVw?t=2m12s

We can disagree, it's no big deal. I would just be shocked if a guy with a defensive rep like Rex Ryan had little input on defensive players. Offensive players I can understand. But post two AFCCG's, I'd let him pick whoever he wants on the defensive side of the ball. Or at least take his input very seriously.

I'm sure all HC's input is taken seriously, so I totally agree. It does matter who is calling the shots though. You either take an offensive guy or defensive guy. I wouldn't blame Marrone at all for the EJ pick, if there is any blame. Granted he didn't have the name or power as Rex Ryan, but I have been reading and listening to reports about the Jets and their roster for three years and all you ever hear is the Royal Tannenbaum and the Village Idzik who are the ones getting most all if not all of the blame from the NY and national reporters.

I have no problem at all with this hire. Rex Ryan is a proven NFL coach that can come in from day 1 & start taking this team in the right direction. There is no lost time where a 1st time HC is trying to find his sea legs as a head coach like all of the hires this team has had the past 15 years (Gailey, Mularkey, Marrone, Williams, etc..) They will hit the ground running because Rex Ryan knows exactly what he wants to do & how to do it.

He has proven that he can win with a good defense & the numbers back it up. During his entire tenure in NY, his defense's worst finish was 11th; most of the time they were top 5. You could argue that the talent on this defense equals the best he ever had in NY. I think that Ryan takes this defense from a top 10 unit into the unquestioned best defense in the NFL.

On top of that, he has a hatred of NE & Belichick that is almost unrivaled. He has shown that he has the ability to put together a game plan that can frustrate Brady & Belichick and beat them. There is no question that the road to the playoffs for Buffalo goes through NE and Ryan knows how to beat them.

His players love him & his enthusiasm. He should really rally the troops & bring some passion into this team. I can't wait to see what he can do with this defense

I never endorsed any Shanahan, but what does that even mean? An OC isn't responsible for stopping Brady, that's the responsibility of defensive coaches like Rex... I guess I don't understand the comparison.

I've been bringing him up b/c the inside scuttlebutt was KS as next coach as of yesterday morning.

There is no lost time where a 1st time HC is trying to find his sea legs as a head coach like all of the hires this team has had the past 15 years (Gailey, Mularkey, Marrone, Williams, etc..) They will hit the ground running because Rex Ryan knows exactly what he wants to do & how to do it.

Gailey was not a 1st time Head Coach.