Dick LeBeau out as DC in Pitt

YoloinOhio

Maybe he'll come back to buffalo if they pass over Schwartz for the hc position and he leaves

Why do people keep making comments like this? Schwartz is under contract so the only way he leaves is if Bills relieve him of his duties or he gets a HC job.

Why would you want LeBeau who is prototypical 3-4 defense when Bills finally have a top ten 4-3 defense?

Why do people keep making comments like this? Schwartz is under contract so the only way he leaves is if Bills relieve him of his duties or he gets a HC job.

Why would you want LeBeau who is prototypical 3-4 defense when Bills finally have a top ten 4-3 defense?

I don't see the need for LeBeau currently here. But he ran a 4-3 when he was here and had the #2 overall defense.

He is a defensive mastermind.

I don't see the need for LeBeau currently here. But he ran a 4-3 when he was here and had the #2 overall defense.

This is my thought. We don't have a current need for him, but if we did, I'd def want him. I see him in Arizona.

He didn't run the defense when he was with the Bills. He was an assistant and implemented some of the zone blitz techniques from his defense but he wasn't the DC.

I don't think his defense matches up well vs the spread that everyone runs now as it takes away a lot of what he likes to do out of his base and nickel look since most of what he does is disguised. I'm not knocking him but I don't think his scheme is as effective as it used to be.

Edited by Max997

And the guy still looks like he's in his 50s. Amazing.

I remember when he came back to pittsburgh again to interview (after he left buffalo); he got a standing O at a Pitt bball game, and said that pushed him to sign up again.

you must know some really old looking 50 yr olds. Prune face. ha