Way-Too-Early Mock Draft

Astrobot

Our 2015 Simulator is up, so I thought I'd give it a test drive. http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmLogin.aspx

I put QB as a P2 Need, Multiple3, meaning I want two drafted QBs, even as early as the next pick. OL was also P2, and TE was P2.

Next inline at P3 were RB, CB, and DT.

Results:

2 50 Buffalo Landon Turner OG North Carolina P2 +5 Value

3 81 Buffalo Duke Johnson RBF Miami (FL) P2 +22 Value

5 129 Buffalo Bryce Petty QB Baylor P2 -9 Reach

5 147 Buffalo Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio St P2 +7 Value

6 178 Buffalo Louis Trinca-Pasat DT43 Iowa P3 +30 Value

7 210 Buffalo Josh Shaw CB USC P3 +5 Value

Analysis:

-->No QB was taken from #70 to our pick at #129. The #70 pick, Dak Prescott, is leaning toward returning to school. I hope the weak QB class after Winston-Mariota doesn't force the Bills to reach.

-->The OG pick of a Guard doesn't sell tickets, but it may save our bacon at QB.

-->Duke Johnson is very small, so he falls, though possibly not to #81. Duke's numbers at MIA outgain Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee and Ottis Anderson, among others with 3,519 career rushing yards.

-->People liked Petty in the first half of their bowl game. I think they'll want to look further over his last 2 years. Good starting place= Draft Breakdown.

-->Heuerman is listed as probable for the championship game, but will wear #5 in honor of Braxton Miller. He had foot surgery but he played through pain this year.

-->Trinca-Pasat would be depth for Kyle Williams. He falls here due to Illinois' RB Josh Ferguson in the bowl game. I think he has ability.

-->Josh Shaw is the obligatory CB, although I think we look pretty nice at corner. Watch Shaw here: http://draftbreakdown.com/video/josh-shaw-vs-arizona-2013/

I read your comments and change team needs accordingly.

Astro

Our 2015 Simulator is up, so I thought I'd give it a test drive. http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmLogin.aspx

I put QB as a P2 Need, Multiple3, meaning I want two drafted QBs, even as early as the next pick. OL was also P2, and TE was P2.

Next inline at P3 were RB, CB, and DT.

Results:

2 50 Buffalo Landon Turner OG North Carolina P2 +5 Value

3 81 Buffalo Duke Johnson RBF Miami (FL) P2 +22 Value

5 129 Buffalo Bryce Petty QB Baylor P2 -9 Reach

5 147 Buffalo Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio St P2 +7 Value

6 178 Buffalo Louis Trinca-Pasat DT43 Iowa P3 +30 Value

7 210 Buffalo Josh Shaw CB USC P3 +5 Value

Analysis:

-->No QB was taken from #70 to our pick at #129. The #70 pick, Dak Prescott, is leaning toward returning to school. I hope the weak QB class after Winston-Mariota doesn't force the Bills to reach.

-->The OG pick of a Guard doesn't sell tickets, but it may save our bacon at QB.

-->Duke Johnson is very small, so he falls, though possibly not to #81. Duke's numbers at MIA outgain Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee and Ottis Anderson, among others with 3,519 career rushing yards.

-->People liked Petty in the first half of their bowl game. I think they'll want to look further over his last 2 years. Good starting place= Draft Breakdown.

-->Heuerman is listed as probable for the championship game, but will wear #5 in honor of Braxton Miller. He had foot surgery but he played through pain this year.

-->Trinca-Pasat would be depth for Kyle Williams. He falls here due to Illinois' RB Josh Ferguson in the bowl game. I think he has ability.

-->Josh Shaw is the obligatory CB, although I think we look pretty nice at corner. Watch Shaw here: http://draftbreakdown.com/video/josh-shaw-vs-arizona-2013/

I read your comments and change team needs accordingly.

Astro

Astro a HR on your 1st at bat!!! I would LOVE that draft. It will land potentially 3 starters (Duke, Turner & Heuerman). At the very least 2 with Duke being in the rotation. Then you land a productive QB prospect to at least compete. I love, love, love this mock.

If Duke Johnson makes it to the third round, I would be shocked. Yeldon being there could happen and I would be up for signing him.

I don't know how I feel about Petty, yet.

Love Heurman.

I hate the idea of sinking more resources in to OG's and OL, again. But, we have to do something.

Edited by jboyst62

I agree that QB is a glaring need, but I'd rather the Bills try and get a veteran QB instead of drafting a rookie.

Top needs for the Bills in my view are: OG, TE, DT, and WR depth.

OG is obvious, but I feel that if we draft just one, we should be fine.

It would be great to have someone paired with Chandler, which would make our position stronger.

Kyle Williams isn't getting any younger, and Charles & Bryant are primarily back-ups. A young up-and-coming DT would be very helpful.

As for WR depth, there has to be someone better for us than Chris Hogan. Right?

I agree that QB is a glaring need, but I'd rather the Bills try and get a veteran QB instead of drafting a rookie.

It would be great to have someone paired with Chandler, which would make our position stronger.

Kyle Williams isn't getting any younger, and Charles & Bryant are primarily back-ups. A young up-and-coming DT would be very helpful.

I think they need a #3 too, that has a chance to develop. Petty has a chance. They will sign a veteran, too. But a vet like Matt Moore, EJ and then Petty I can live with for this year.

No, how have you not learned you need to keep drafting QBs till you find one. Why do people think you can either draft or find a vet... Do BOTH! You never know when that QB you drafted could be the one.