Pepper's Interviewing with the Giants

Reed83HOF

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it reported yesterday that Rex had told Pepper that there is a job for him here is he doesn't get the promotion to DC somewhere else.

Would love that. Pepper is a good coach because he relates well with the guys. Those linemen love him like he's one of their own. Plus he hates the Pats so you can never have too many of those guys on your payroll

The Giants will not hire Bills DL coach Pepper Johnson as their defensive coordinator.

Johnson, passed over repeatedly for DC jobs over the last few years, was always considered a longshot. Steve Spagnuolo is considered the favorite to replace fired Perry Fewell. A decision is expected by the end of the week.

Hopefully he is back with the Bills and the DL coach, ahead of the guy Rex is bringing in, although I'm pretty confident Ryan will know how to handle it.

Hopefully he is back with the Bills and the DL coach, ahead of the guy Rex is bringing in, although I'm pretty confident Ryan will know how to handle it.

IIRC he coached LBs in NE. Maybe he goes back to that because Dunbar is considered best DL coach in league. I haven't heard anything about Pagac...

IIRC he coached LBs in NE. Maybe he goes back to that because Dunbar is considered best DL coach in league. I haven't heard anything about Pagac...

Pagacs history is pretty strongly 43 and not pressure from lb spots, right?

Also, you may see some more front 7 coaching with more complex multiple fronts

Here's the article about Pepper not getting the Giants job w/ quotes....and he's bitter. plus it does not appear Rex saved a job for him in Buffalo. Interesting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/pepper-johnson-denied-giants-coughlin-move-article-1.2079702

It's possible that nothing was announced because they didn't have the info that he didn't get that job yet. If Rex told him he has a job, he probably finds a spot for him. It's also likely that wherever Schwartz ends up, he could go there.

Here's the article about Pepper not getting the Giants job w/ quotes....and he's bitter. plus it does not appear Rex saved a job for him in Buffalo. Interesting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/pepper-johnson-denied-giants-coughlin-move-article-1.2079702

I would assume that Rex still has a job for him on the Bills if he indeed told Pepper he would. He took the Jets DB coach with him, kept Donnie Henderson, and gave the Jet an assistant DB coach title. I don't think we have an LB coach yet (although we may), and that's what Pepper was a few years on the Pats, as well as his playing career.

I would assume that Rex still has a job for him on the Bills if he indeed told Pepper he would. He took the Jets DB coach with him, kept Donnie Henderson, and gave the Jet an assistant DB coach title. I don't think we have an LB coach yet (although we may), and that's what Pepper was a few years on the Pats, as well as his playing career.

April has that, but being a multiple front we could see inside/outside, or a variety of ways to get extra minds involved with the front 7

Daily News is speculating because of who the Bills announced so far. But I don't think it's a sealed deal. Pat Morris still shows up as OL coach.

In any event, I think Pepper is far more qualified than April's son.

They also need to photoshop the green off the former Jets' coaches shirts.

Good to see Pepper get a look. As much as I would want to keep the guy its hard to hold a guy back from a good opportunity. Selfishly I hope he doesn't get it because he is such a good coach but I would be happy for him if he got a good gig. Maybe after Fewell they will be sick of Buffalo coaches.

Pepper could get the DC job on Doug Marrone's staff if he gets a job.

Oh wait, do consultants have coordinators?

So Doug as now ruined Hackett and Pepper's career, and Schwartz's clean path to a HC job.

Just a joke.

Not really.

I really think a bunch of Marrones' assistants from Buffalo would like to kick his ass right now.

When Marrone first opted out, I didn't think too much of it....thinking, a lot of people would do the same thing...but the more I think about it, the more unflattering a portrait this paints of Marrone...it can't be overstated.

I really think a bunch of Marrones' assistants from Buffalo would like to kick his ass right now.

When Marrone first opted out, I didn't think too much of it....thinking, a lot of people would do the same thing...but the more I think about it, the more unflattering a portrait this paints of Marrone...it can't be overstated.

Absolutely, you know his coordinators and assistants below him are all saying "Dumbass!"