OK so generally I hate advice threads.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing you have to figure out is what you want out of the relationship. Then the rest is a lot easier to figure out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that she's testing the waters before making a leap; that's pretty standard for women looking to get out of a relationship. I'd be more concerned about the guy's proclivity for violence. But it's not like you're breaking up a family or even a happy couple. If she's already planning to bolt for another guy, why shouldn't it be you?

First thing you have to figure out is what you want out of the relationship. Then the rest is a lot easier to figure out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that she's testing the waters before making a leap; that's pretty standard for women looking to get out of a relationship. I'd be more concerned about the guy's proclivity for violence. But it's not like you're breaking up a family or even a happy couple. If she's already planning to bolt for another guy, why shouldn't it be you?

Early bird gets the worm.

So

An update...

Basically I told her that so long as she's still married and not at LEAST separated, I'm not going any farther with her. Not because I don't want to, but rather because I don't want to be used for side entertainment. She understood totally.

Back to the solo existence. =/

Good for you...now go find some young girl that hates her father (j/k).

Early bird gets the worm.

But the second mouse gets the cheese.

So

An update...

Basically I told her that so long as she's still married and not at LEAST separated, I'm not going any farther with her. Not because I don't want to, but rather because I don't want to be used for side entertainment. She understood totally.

Back to the solo existence. =/

You did the right thing