Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

How do you effectively stop a philosophy that espouses the idea that when a nutjob blows himself up he gets set up with 70 virgins and becomes an intercessor for 70 members of his/her family? You don't make friends with that philosophy, you can't co-exist with it.

You can't co-opt it. So how do you stop it?

Edited by joesixpack

It can be argued I suppose. And there definitely bad actors in those crowds....and far too many of them. That is why option 1 tops my list.

That sounds boring. I think I'll stay out until aliens are involved.

Another idea for the homegrown terrorists would be to officially change their names upon the commission of their crimes. If they are caught, on the loose, or die in their attack the governments should officially change their last name to Pigpiss. That ought to be a bit of a disincentive.

Let's think this thing through. It would appear to me that the terrorists' ultimate goal is to get their hands on their own 72 virgins. Simply put, we start a site where those looking for their 72 virgins can sign up. We then schedule "orientations" around the world. Part (near the end) of the orientation is a dry run to show the proper way to put on and activate their suicide vests. In order to make it realistic we use real explosives.

I don't even see a post from him in here since the bombing. What are you talking about? What did I miss?

For the record there was a bunch of that crap posted by some loser after the Boston bombing and I find it repulsive and insulting to the dead.

Probably the worst internet crap that came out of the marathon bombing was the one site (reddit or 4chan, one of those) who decided to go through pictures and find the bombers themselves. I'm sure it probably has been going on with this one too, but I hope we never see that again, labeling a bunch of people terrorists at an astounding success rate of 0% and then posting them all over the internet.

How do you effectively stop a philosophy that espouses the idea that when a nutjob blows himself up he gets set up with 70 virgins and becomes an intercessor for 70 members of his/her family? You don't make friends with that philosophy, you can't co-exist with it.

Use math.

70 virgins sounds like a lot, but over eternity it is less than one every 10,000,000,000,000,000 years. That sounds like some bull$%^& right there.

Which philosophy is that?

Which philosophy is that?

Seriously. Don't start with that crap. You know what philosophy espouses it and it can't be denied. There are radical Islamists whether you want to believe it or not. Spare us the wordsmithing we've all been suffering with for a decade.

Seriously. Don't start with that crap. You know what philosophy espouses it and it can't be denied. There are radical Islamists whether you want to believe it or not. Spare us the wordsmithing we've all been suffering with for a decade.

Ok, and tell me who says we should co-exist with Radicals?

Use math.

70 virgins sounds like a lot, but over eternity it is less than one every 10,000,000,000,000,000 years. That sounds like some bull$%^& right there.

Here's the rub though--unless they lower their standards they're only going to get to !@#$ 70 times in those ten thousand trillion years. I can see some serious cases of blue ball amongst the faithful.

Ok, and tell me who says we should co-exist with Radicals?

Read Joe's statement again. You are not making any sense.

Here's the rub though--unless they lower their standards they're only going to get to !@#$ 70 times in those ten thousand trillion years. I can see some serious cases of blue ball amongst the faithful.

Interesting use of the word rub.

And you basically just repeated the point I was making.

Read Joe's statement again. You are not making any sense.

Interesting use of the word rub.

And you basically just repeated the point I was making.

I wonder if they will change their minds after a few thousand years? Seems like a waste of good kitty to only tap each one once.

British prime minister raises nation’s threat level, saying another attack 'may be imminent' after Manchester suicide bombing

Theresa May announced that military personnel will be deployed to replace police officers in guarding concerts, sports matches and other public events vulnerable to potential terrorist attacks. The raising of the threat level followed an attack at an Ariana Grande concert Monday night that left 22 people dead.

Read more »

British prime minister raises nation’s threat level, saying another attack 'may be imminent' after Manchester suicide bombing

Theresa May announced that military personnel will be deployed to replace police officers in guarding concerts, sports matches and other public events vulnerable to potential terrorist attacks. The raising of the threat level followed an attack at an Ariana Grande concert Monday night that left 22 people dead.

Read more »

Wow. What an Islamophobe. She should be kicked out of office.

Everyone knows what the world needs is love, no borders and the desire to co-exist.

Everyone knows what the world needs is love, no borders and the desire to co-exist.

All you have to do is say the magic words and there will be peace. Edited by joesixpack

Or according to some, it's the next logical step to permanent martial law.