Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

NYC Terror Suspect Pledged Loyalty to ISIS

NYCTerrorAttackSuspect-620x436.jpg

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, killed eight people and injured 11 on Monday in Lower Manhattan when he plowed a rental pickup truck into a crowd of people. He screamed “Allahu Akbar!” after he exited the truck and police confronted him. An officer shot Saipov and took him into custody. They transported him to a hospital and he’s recovering from surgery.

Authorities found Saipov’s notes near the truck, in which he declared he carried out the attack for the terrorist group the Islamic State (ISIS).

(more…)

NYC Terror Suspect Pledged Loyalty to ISIS

NYCTerrorAttackSuspect-620x436.jpg

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, killed eight people and injured 11 on Monday in Lower Manhattan when he plowed a rental pickup truck into a crowd of people. He screamed “Allahu Akbar!” after he exited the truck and police confronted him. An officer shot Saipov and took him into custody. They transported him to a hospital and he’s recovering from surgery.

Authorities found Saipov’s notes near the truck, in which he declared he carried out the attack for the terrorist group the Islamic State (ISIS).

(more…)

According to this guy (FadingPain) it was no big deal:

Posted Today, 12:42 AM

Yeah, he had an air pellet pistol and a paintball pistol, apparently.

He did look like your good old fashioned "NUTJOB" and not some terrorist type to be worried about.

Look at the truck he used! Some sort of little Home Depot flatbed/pickup truck which is not nearly big/heavy enough for what he was trying to do.

Guy's not only insane, he's stupid.

The interesting thing is that this type of thing always ends with a dead nut job, but this guy is in custody and doing well.

I don't think they will get much intel out of him though. Some sort of immigrant from Uzbekistan I believe..

Uh-oh.........

ALERT: Feds interviewed suspected NYC truck attacker in 2015 about possible terror ties - ABC News - http://abcn.ws/2zXIrHn

Included in ABC’s report about Sayfullo Saipov is this little detail:

DNjzEAiWkAA58-U.jpg

Um, one of the NYC terrorist's friends was interviewed by the feds, is a terrorist and...is missing in the U.S. http://ow.ly/btAb30ghshR

Right after Vegas: Too early about talking about gun control.

Left after NYC: Too early to talk about more extreme vetting and a merit based immigration system.

The hypocrisy on both sides NEVER disappoints.

I don't see any hypocrisy on those who are against violent crime, which we attribute to a lousy set of morals and/or ideology.

Can they sent this guy to Guantanamo now, kicking him in the ass hard every single mile traveled?

-------------------------

my cat resents Trump calling this pig of a terrorist an animal.

Uh-oh.........

ALERT: Feds interviewed suspected NYC truck attacker in 2015 about possible terror ties - ABC News - http://abcn.ws/2zXIrHn

Included in ABC’s report about Sayfullo Saipov is this little detail:

DNjzEAiWkAA58-U.jpg

Um, one of the NYC terrorist's friends was interviewed by the feds, is a terrorist and...is missing in the U.S. http://ow.ly/btAb30ghshR

Yet another lone wolf, identified years before they acted, who had contact with the FBI and ISIS. Nothing suspicious there, especially in light of the ISIS connections to the Vegas debacle.

And as an aside, anyone else think this mass surveillance thing isn't working as they promised it would? It's too much information to be useful in stopping attacks.

It's very useful in compiling information on law abiding US citizens to be used however they see fit at a later date.

We were told that giving up our 4th and 5th amendment rights were vital in the effort to prevent attacks just like this one... and yet, to date, there still hasn't been a single operation stopped by 702... yet they keep renewing it.

Mass surveillance is not being done to protect American citizens from terrorists. It's time we got honest about why it's there.

Right after Vegas: Too early about talking about gun control.

Left after NYC: Too early to talk about more extreme vetting and a merit based immigration system.

The hypocrisy on both sides NEVER disappoints.

There's no hypocrisy at all. Gun ownership is a right that shall not be infringed by the government and should be treated as such. Immigration to this country is a privilege and should be treated as such.

There's no hypocrisy at all. Gun ownership is a right that shall not be infringed by the government and should be treated as such. Immigration to this country is a privilege and should be treated as such.

And yet....the Left acts as if it's the reverse.

"I earned it and bought it and intend to keep it" is not hypocrisy unless it is the left/lib media swine telling us it isn't true, while they demand it be honoured for them.

just laugh at them, unless god forbid it's your kid, then you'll have to support him like he's a mental cripple his whole life

Well, Reagan infringed on that right then. I happen to agree with both of your positions, but don't act like gun control regulations are non negotiable.

Well, Reagan infringed on that right then. I happen to agree with both of your positions, but don't act like gun control regulations are non negotiable.

Yes he did. The Republicans have done mostly nothing but pay lip service to the 2nd for upwards of three generations.

At this point I'm willing to concede nothing on guns. The only lobbying group I give money to is the GOA. I think gun rights should be non negotiable.

^ What he said ^

^ and him ^

:thumbsup:

Yes he did. The Republicans have done mostly nothing but pay lip service to the 2nd for upwards of three generations.

At this point I'm willing to concede nothing on guns. The only lobbying group I give money to is the GOA. I think gun rights should be non negotiable.

Okay, just because you and I think our gun rights shouldn't be touched doesn't mean that Congress can't pass gun control laws because they have before. So when the left pushes for more stringent gun control laws the day after a mass shooting and the right pushes for more stringent immigration laws and vetting the day after an Islam motivated terrorist attack, I consider both sides hypocrites for saying it's too early for the other side to push their agenda.

Edited by Doc Brown

They're the same dumbasses who think health insurance is a constitutional right.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The problem is that it's not illegal to be associated with terrorists. That's in the Constitution - freedom of assembly.

You can't do anything to someone until they commit a crime. Unless you're arguing for something like reopening Manzanar...in which case you are, in fact, a goddamn Nazi.