Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Ever notice how I don't strike back with insults to other faiths? That "disease" taught me not to. It is forbidden. You might want to try that.

BTW. If my religion is what you think it is then why are Muslims permitted to marry Jews and Christians?

Well good thing I'm not a Christian. And to answer your question I'd assume for purposes of conversion.

Well good thing I'm not a Christian. And to answer your question I'd assume for purposes of conversion.

How can you convert those you're "supposed" to kill?

A spouse can not prevent their spouse from practicing their faith. Therefore your reasoning is flawed.

Earlier today, we were told that four people had been arrested in connection with Monday’s deadly terrorist attack in Manchester.

Law enforcement authorities have evidently been busy, as the count has reportedly climbed:

wIPwMwru_normal.pngBBC Breaking News

Man held in connection with Manchester attack - seventh person to be arrested in UK, police say http://bbc.in/2rB2Xgi

"Lone wolves" just aren't what they used to be, are they?

How can you convert those you're "supposed" to kill?

A spouse can not prevent their spouse from practicing their faith. Therefore your reasoning is flawed.

That's where it starts being less dependent on "Islam" and more dependent on tribal culture, I suspect.

Yes, I know Islam formally rejects tribalism. In practice, you're hard-pressed to find any Islamic society outside the West where tribalism isn't a major cultural factor. (Maybe Egypt, but I wouldn't put money on it.)

That's where it starts being less dependent on "Islam" and more dependent on tribal culture, I suspect.

Yes, I know Islam formally rejects tribalism. In practice, you're hard-pressed to find any Islamic society outside the West where tribalism isn't a major cultural factor. (Maybe Egypt, but I wouldn't put money on it.)

I'll be sure to mention this to my Aunts, Pearl and Susan, and to my uncle Lance. And oh yeah my cousin's wife Brandy when I see them. Lol

But, yes, it is rare, especially as you put it "outside the west" which would make it extremely difficult anyways.

Earlier today, we were told that four people had been arrested in connection with Mondays deadly terrorist attack in Manchester.

Law enforcement authorities have evidently been busy, as the count has reportedly climbed:

"Lone wolves" just aren't what they used to be, are they?

Just curious, but how many of these people were arrested by Muslims? It's not clear who arrested whom in your shared link.

It depends. If you're from Northern Italy, then no. But if you're from Southern Italy or Sicily...hell, no.

You haven't seen me from November to March for the last 35 years. White as an albino.

But, yes, it is rare, especially as you put it "outside the west" which would make it extremely difficult anyways.

That's because outside of the West the brand of Islam that you practice is virtually non-existent.

That's because outside of the West the brand of Islam that you practice is virtually non-existent.

And you know this how? I've been to Jordan and Palestine. From my experience there they're the same as in the west.

The real reason there aren't many outside marriages is because there aren't many non-Arabs in those countries. It's nowhere near the melting pot America is.

And since our religion doesn't restrict interfaith marriages it's more of a cultural issue, like Tom said, than a religious one.

Edited by Justice

And you know this how? I've been to Jordan and Palestine. From my experience there they're the same as in the west.

The real reason there aren't many outside marriages is because there aren't many non-Arabs in those countries. It's nowhere near the melting pot America is.

And since our religion doesn't restrict interfaith marriages it's more of a cultural issue, like Tom said, than a religious one.

Do you believe in the separation of church and state? The vast majority of Muslims in Asian and African nations do not, including Jordan and Palestine (Pew 2015).

As of 2013 being an atheist could get you executed in exactly 13 countries, all of which are Islamic by law (obviously not Western).

As of 2010 70% of Jordanian Muslims are in favor of stoning as an appropriate punishment for adultery, 58% are in favor of whipping or cutting off of hands for thievery or robbery, and a whopping 86% are in favor of the death penalty for those who turn from Islam (Pew).

Also 2010, 55% of Jordanian Muslims view Hezbollah favorably, 60% view Hamas favorably, and 34% view al-Qaeda favorably.

Also 2010, 45% of Jordanian Muslims believe that suicide bombing can be justified.

Meanwhile the numbers don't even begin to compare to Muslims in Western nations. It's not the same, it's not even close, which I believe points to a strong influence of tribalism among Muslims in places that aren't the West. That's what I was referring to when I said your brand of Islam, an Islam either not infected by or minimally influenced by tribalism.

I would say Morocco and Tunisia are the closest to the west.

Edited by meazza

Absurd. I work with a bunch of Muslims in India and Jordan, and they live pretty mundane lives with no use for any extremist nonsense, and find it off naive when people like you try to paint them as part of that movement.

I would say Morocco and Tunisia are the closest to the west.

Depends on your criteria, but Lebanon and Turkey are pretty chill when it comes to the public opinions there.

As of 2013 being an atheist could get you executed in exactly 13 countries, all of which are Islamic by law (obviously not Western).

Is that rule in place specifically for atheists, or do all smug pricks face execution?

I don't support it either way but I'm trying to get a little context.

Absurd. I work with a bunch of Muslims in India and Jordan, and they live pretty mundane lives with no use for any extremist nonsense, and find it off naive when people like you try to paint them as part of that movement.

That describes most people anywhere.