New Members of the NFL HOF

Mark VI

Here is a look at who is eligible next year. Some very big names. Who do you leave out?

Troy Aikman

Warren Moon

Andre Reed

Thurman Thomas

Reggie White

"Leon" Deion Sanders is also mentioned, but does he have to wait another 5 years again?

So there's the list, do they all get in at the same time?

229298[/snapback]

I think if you got Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas in the same year, and couple that with Kelly and Marv who are already in, and Bruce who is a snap when he's eligible, it's likely people will start having a greater appreciation for making a four-game SB run in spite of the losses.

I think if you got Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas in the same year, and couple that with Kelly and Marv who are already in, and Bruce who is a snap when he's eligible, it's likely people will start having a greater appreciation for making a four-game SB run in spite of the losses.

229323[/snapback]

Good times. :P

Agreed but I think Reed will get in eventually.  He does compare to many who are already in. Thurman and Bruce are slam dunks.

229235[/snapback]

I think those folks that are critical of Reed think he is in the same boat as Art Monk - very good but not great

Maybe I am looking at this as a biased Bills fan, but who was better than Reed during his prime years, other than Jerry Rice (who was better than anybody ever)

Reggie White is a gimmie. Aikman will get the support, due to the 3 SB wins. I always thought he was good but not great. I think Moon was far better. I believe Thurman is very deserving but may have to wait a year, due to the deep quality in that class. Voters will get behind Aikman first, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

229302[/snapback]

Moon is impressive if you like looking at numbers & longevity, but he sucked in big games. He'll make it next year (not only for the numbers, but the 1st black QB to be inducted story), but Aikman is more worthy IMO. White will be unanimous, and Thurman makes 4... Charles Haley should be there, too, but Andre will have to wait. :P