The Pussification of America continues

What abnormalities are you talking about? Hermaphrodites have Y chromosomes always. But let's say we're talking about physical characteristics. Turner's syndrome sufferers are clearly women. Those with Klinefelter's are clearly men.

You see, something so vague as a "sex chromosome abnormality" can mean just about anything. With Barr bodies, sex chromosome abnormalities may not even have an effect on a woman.

I was going to mention those, because I dimly remembered from high school biology that polyploidism can contribute to gender identity. But then, as I tried to verify it, I couldn't find a single damn thing that supported that 30-year old recollection.

But my recollection still supported my position: polyploids with one or more "Y" chromosomes are still male, with none are still female. The only medical/genetic condition I know of that would be debatable in my position is androgen insensitivity...but for simplicity's sake, I still say: "Don't care if you have breasts and no testosterone. You've got a "Y" chromosome, dude."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to mention those, because I dimly remembered from high school biology that polyploidism can contribute to gender identity. But then, as I tried to verify it, I couldn't find a single damn thing that supported that 30-year old recollection.

But my recollection still supported my position: polyploids with one or more "Y" chromosomes are still male, with none are still female. The only medical/genetic condition I know of that would be debatable in my position is androgen insensitivity...but for simplicity's sake, I still say: "Don't care if you have breasts and no testosterone. You've got a "Y" chromosome, dude."

That's pretty much how I feel.

I can see how having ambiguous genitalia would confuse a person. But the chromosomes are all that matter, sexual characteristics do not.