Did the unthinkable this week ....

..... including the 2 college playoff games and NFL wildcard games went 0 for 6.

Had FSU>Oregon because ducks were missing their leader on defense and I think Winston > Mariota

Ala > osu thinking there's no way osu can match Alabama's power

Cards > panthers because cards were better team all year and panthers won that joke of a division

Steelers > ravens because steelers were at home and seemed to have come up more in big games near the end of season

Bengals > colts, thinking bengals were more balanced. But pick was in before I knew Green was out and I probably would have changed it .... (so this is my one small redeeming game)

Lions > cowboys, thinking lions would shut down Murray and then get pressure on romo. That pretty much was working but lions offense went to sleep too (lions remind me a lot of bills)

Overall smoked.....0 & 6 is ridiculous

I thought you were going to say that you compared Watkins to Ty Law again. The above isn't quite as bad as that, if its any consolation.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if I can get some redemption this week:

PATS over Ravens

- week off, more balanced team

PANTHERS over Seattle

- crazy hunch here even though I really like Seattle's D and don't respect Rivera as a coach. But I think Cam gained confidence last week, and if he can avoid turnovers can give Seattle's D trouble. Also think Kuechly will be a factor in containing both Beast and Wilson's scrambling. Panthers have nothing to lose, will play loose.

DENVER over Colts

- Luck is great but not good enough to overcome his teams weak defense on the road. Could be a blow out like when Colts went to Dallas

PACKERS over Dallas

- Pack just too tough at home. Dallas relatively conservative offense won't be able to keep up.

PANTHERS over Seattle

- crazy hunch here even though I really like Seattle's D and don't respect Rivera as a coach. But I think Cam gained confidence last week, and if he can avoid turnovers can give Seattle's D trouble. Also think Kuechly will be a factor in containing both Beast and Wilson's scrambling. Panthers have nothing to lose, will play loose.

Calling this, too. Been saying it since last week and them winning. I hoped too much they'd lose last weekend and knew they would not. Those two Panther LB's are going to have monster games. Keuchly is going to get sucked raw by commentators all day because Lynch won't be able to run. I fully expect Carolina to put up some crazy numbers.

However, Newton has only once this season made a pass over 16 yards while moving in the pocket/scrambling/avoiding a sack. He has the lowest completion rate for QB's who have moved from their drop, 41%. If the Seahawks can make Cam move from his traditional drop, he's not going to run. IIRC, this is the part I am fuzzy remembering after hearing it on the radio, he only passes it 25% after he starts to move. He is either sacked or runs the ball.

Wilson, on the other hand, lead the league in all of these categories for QB's in the playoffs.

Calling this, too. Been saying it since last week and them winning. I hoped too much they'd lose last weekend and knew they would not. Those two Panther LB's are going to have monster games. Keuchly is going to get sucked raw by commentators all day because Lynch won't be able to run. I fully expect Carolina to put up some crazy numbers.

However, Newton has only once this season made a pass over 16 yards while moving in the pocket/scrambling/avoiding a sack. He has the lowest completion rate for QB's who have moved from their drop, 41%. If the Seahawks can make Cam move from his traditional drop, he's not going to run. IIRC, this is the part I am fuzzy remembering after hearing it on the radio, he only passes it 25% after he starts to move. He is either sacked or runs the ball.

Wilson, on the other hand, lead the league in all of these categories for QB's in the playoffs.

Interesting stuff on cam. Maybe he's like ej and tends to overthrow on the run. Cant imagine him running too wild on the legion of boom with chancellor, Thomas and sherman either. But the offset is that he seemed to be clicking better with his WRs last week, involving more of them in the offense. Part of those stats have to be accounted for by WRs not coming back to the ball and helping him out when he's out of the pocket. Edited by JTSP

So it just feels like everyone and their brother is picking the Ravens today, so guess that is a clear sign Pats* cover.

Just checked , about 55% bet on Ravens, so not as strong backing by the public as I would like. The over is getting 68% of the money, and I don't know for sure, but think that might be typical as people usually bet the over. Guess the sharps hit the under hard at 49 he se the move to 461/2.

Anyway, not betting much today but my bet is a parlay Pats* and the under

Edited by plenzmd1

I was 0-1, although I really really like the Broncos yesterday. But I have learned sometimes I get such a bias against a team Iet it cloud my judgement. I am that way with the Colts. I think they stink, and thought they would get murdered yesterday.

If you had a 50-50 chance to win each game, the odds of losing (or winning) all of the games is 1-in-64, or about 1.5%. Ouch. Sorry, that's gotta hurt. I was playing no limit Texas hold em with a group that I used to get together with. I got up big and was the clear favorite in the middle of the game. Blinds were going up and moves needed to be made. I lost six straight "coin flips" (AK v. small/middle pair and the like) and finished 4th which was out of the money. Less than 1% chance of that happening even when I worked up exact odds. It's brutal, but it happens. And I've been on the right side of bad beats, too.

Went 3-1 this week, I thought the Broncos had enough juice left to get by Indy but I wasn't surprised by any means

Went 2-2 this week. Took the Patriots -7 saturday & Carolina +13. Lost both of those. Took Dallas +5.5 & Indy +9.5 Sunday. Over the last few weeks I've been slowly turning my attention over to college basketball. Easiest sport to bet imo. Went 6-2 yesterday. The NFL is like the NBA, you might as well flip a coin. These games are extremely unpredictable.

2 up, 2 down ... a Jaguar-like 2 & 8 thru 10 games. Tonight going with OSU. Just can't get my head around Mariota being all that special, + OSU beating Alabama is no fluke.

3 & 8 .... crawling my way back to respectability. But with only 3 game left best I can do is a Chan Gailey-like 6 & 8.

This week going with home teams, nothing fancy; Pats over Colts (Colts have never looked good in Foxboro, a win over limping Broncos changes nothing IMO), Seattle over Green Bay (Seattle is playing nasty, and especially with Rodgers hurting Packers wont have enough to beat them on the road)

Edited by JTSP