Bitter Old Man Syndrome

Mark VI

I just blew up that picture....that guys hands are huge !!!

229009[/snapback]

You know what they say... Big hands...

Big gloves. :D

No, big dick. Bednarik sure sounds like a major one.

Who knows what lurks in the mind of a crusty old Western Pennsyltuckian. Not even the Shadow. We can call him a dink all we want, but the guy is a WWII warrior and hails from an entirely different generation of Americans. He may be lacking in the social niceties we expect of people today but I appreciate his candor.

And as for that pic, it doesn't do his hands justice. If you ever meet him or see him interviewed where you can see his hands, make sure you get a good look at them. They are the most mangled, misshappen group of digits you've ever seen. That's the fate of many defensive players as throughout a season you go through fingers like a crackhead goes through Chore-Boy. I've broken every single one of my fingers except for my right thumb and have had seasons where I've busted as many as 6 in less than 2 months..... :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/n...tory?id=1984482

I remember when James Lofton was inducted in the HOF, he went to shake Bednariks hand after his speech. Bednarik bitched at him for the long speech and squeezed Loftons hand as hard as he could, breaking a knuckle.

Talk about combat fatigue. Just a sad story.

228989[/snapback]

Hit the 5th Link down for Bednarik's interview

All of the stuff in the ESPN article - but in his own words.