Earth to Bills Brass....

Don't just hire a HC. Make sure you know who that HC plans to bring with him at OC/DC/ST. That combination is as important as anything else.

That combination of coaches should decide who is hired.

I personally like the idea of keeping Schwartz as the DC for continuity purposes. Go ahead and blow up the offensive coaching brain trust if you must.

I would much prefer an experienced NFL HC, not a neophyte. That HC does have to contend with Belichick twice a year, year after year, after all.

Whaley appears to be a capable GM, but if the Bills can acquire someone better then by all means they should replace him.

What HC plus assistants give us "the best chance" to beat Belichick for the division title?? That's the main question to be answered during the interview process.

The answer will separate the men from the boys pretty damn quick.

It's a common question to ask HC what their plan is, don't you remember when we hired GW one of the things that impressed Donahoe et all was the folder and list of candidates GW had in mind of who he'd name if/when he got the job?

Edited by The Jokeman

No matter whom the Bills hire as a HC, when your team has to hire a new HC, a new OC and (likely) new QB it's going to take at least one season for everyone to learn to work together.

That's a lot of turnover to absorb in one season.

So, we're looking at the 2016 season, then.

Don't just hire a HC. Make sure you know who that HC plans to bring with him at OC/DC/ST. That combination is as important as anything else.

That combination of coaches should decide who is hired.

I personally like the idea of keeping Schwartz as the DC for continuity purposes. Go ahead and blow up the offensive coaching brain trust if you must.

I would much prefer an experienced NFL HC, not a neophyte. That HC does have to contend with Belichick twice a year, year after year, after all.

Whaley appears to be a capable GM, but if the Bills can acquire someone better then by all means they should replace him.

What HC plus assistants give us "the best chance" to beat Belichick for the division title?? That's the main question to be answered during the interview process.

The answer will separate the men from the boys pretty damn quick.

Pretty sure that's standard part of interview.

No matter whom the Bills hire as a HC, when your team has to hire a new HC, a new OC and (likely) new QB it's going to take at least one season for everyone to learn to work together.

You mean like Bruce Arians and Jim Caldwell and Mike McCoy?

I'm sure all the candidates will articulate seemingly good plans for subordinate coaches. They know they'll be asked and they'll have canned answers.

But how do you know which one will really deliver?

That's one of the things I like about big name coaches. I'm not sure how many coaches out there want to work for Frank Reich or Adam Gase, for example.

I do know that a lot of coaches would love to work with Bill Cowher or Tony Dungy. And a lot of players would love to play for them.

Nope. There are many a big turnaround stories with such changes.