Did Orton retire because of Marrone and Hackett?

BobbyC81

Could it be possible that Orton retired because he didn't like playing for Marrone & Hackett?

Would be a shame if he did and now Marrone is gone.

I recall in one of his earlier games, Marrone was sending out the punt team on 4th down and Orton waved them off (not that we haven't seen that before).

Then I think it was the Detroit game where Orton just took over on the last drive. Maybe he got fed up with the play-calling?

Thoughts?

why?

I am not a Orton hater but I think it makes next to no impact on our roster. We need a body who can play QB to pair with Manuel to batter for the 2015 spot and see how things go up until 2016.

Something made him change his mind, He said he found the perfect situation then gave it one season

I don't believe the story about his family because it makes no sense.

Somebody is lying here :flirt:

Could it be possible that Orton retired because he didn't like playing for Marrone & Hackett?

I recall in one of his earlier games, Marrone was sending out the punt team on 4th down and Orton waved them off (not that we haven't seen that before).

Then I think it was the Detroit game where Orton just took over on the last drive. Maybe he got fed up with the play-calling?

Thoughts?

I don't doubt that the anemic offense and especially, the poor offensive line, played a part in his decision making. However, now that he's gone I don't see him coming back and really it's not that catastrophic a loss anyway. The Bills need to move on and try to find a QB that they can win a Super Bowl with. That's not Orton.

It's hard not to imagine that Marrone and Hackett had something to do with it. And the state of the offensive line.

I believe Orton was in the top five of the league in snap-to-throw time, which was of course a factor of his lack of faith in protection.

It must have been frustrating to know you were missing open receivers either because you were (1) getting hit, or (2) rightfully afraid of getting hit.

I'm not saying Orton was a great QB. But looking at things from his POV, it's easy to find reasons why he might have been unhappy with the state of the offense and, particularly, the passing attack.

And didn't Boobie say Marrone doesn't have the best personality?

Something made him change his mind, He said he found the perfect situation then gave it one season

I don't believe the story about his family because it makes no sense.

Somebody is lying here :flirt:

Yea the guy that quit his last job and came back last second then quit as soon as he could... That guy couldn't be inconsistent, surely something changed other than his whims

That the first thing I thought of when he retired. Orton look pissed every play after the first game he started.

Yep. He realized it was an error about two games in or maybe the third.

This is a bigger clue than most about what the hell was going on with the Offensive side of the Ball.

Bills went away from the run game?! So every opponent was going to pin the ears to get in Ortons face when we could not protect. same way Houston did EJ and made him cry.

The Offense was weird to watch sometimes.

Kyle got effed. He could have played better with some protection early on (trust) and keeping the run game. Not much. but better.

Orton was an average QB who had some bright moments and some really bod ones. This was one of his best years and the man wanted to spend time with his young family. I think he is financially secure and I do not blame him for making that decision.

Orton was an average QB who had some bright moments and some really bod ones. This was one of his best years and the man wanted to spend time with his young family. I think he is financially secure and I do not blame him for making that decision.

and then there is that : )

It was always my theory that Marrone and Hackett took away what he did best, and we watched his slow descent because of that. And he went from consistently erratic and average to just plain awful. So I agree he very well could have. He didn't want to go through another season of that.

why?

I am not a Orton hater but I think it makes next to no impact on our roster. We need a body who can play QB to pair with Manuel to batter for the 2015 spot and see how things go up until 2016.

Believe me , whoever it is, IS going get battered!!! :thumbsup: