Submit suspected bugs here

SDS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably going to stop working on this today. Submit bugs here. You can confirm a bug is skin related if you go down to the bottom left and select "Change Theme >> IP.Board". If the bug goes away it is in our forum skin.

Right now I have aware of:

1. Gallery is hosed

2. Mods: ticking check box to mod thread doesn't display the proper drop down box

thanks.

I'll add to the several who have mentioned quoting. The old skin quoting feature showed the quote codes for beginning and ending the quote.

It was possible to utilize those to nest quotes, and also to intersperse quoted text with responses. I found it very handy.

The new skin does show the quotes in a different window, but it's very tricky to edit. Delete one too many spaces and it no longer shows as quoted text, or type in the wrong place and the words of the person you're quoting and your own words both show up as quoted text.

If there's some way to fix this I think it would enhance the board

I'll add to the several who have mentioned quoting. The old skin quoting feature showed the quote codes for beginning and ending the quote.

It was possible to utilize those to nest quotes, and also to intersperse quoted text with responses. I found it very handy.

The new skin does show the quotes in a different window, but it's very tricky to edit. Delete one too many spaces and it no longer shows as quoted text, or type in the wrong place and the words of the person you're quoting and your own words both show up as quoted text.

If there's some way to fix this I think it would enhance the board

Hmmm. I think that's fixed now. That was what I was observing earlier - quoted post/posts with just white space around it/them.

Now they're in a bed of gray - much like they used to be.

Thanks SDS for your work on all of this, and the nice clean look. :thumbsup:

Four skins should be available for PPP. With that crowd, I am sure they would fit right in and find a nice home over there.

Sorry for the lame attempt @ humor. If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. It's minus 2 degrees (below zero F) out. This mornin', I shot six holes in my freezer. I think I got cabin fever. Somebody sound the alarm.

Oh... What a wonderful job that is being done! Thanks!

Quote bug. Put my comments in the original post quote. I added the bolding, maybe that did it?

I was using a windows desktop and latest firefox browser.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175079-what-if-pegulas-are-geniuses-got-rid-of-him-saved-4m/?p=3410623

I have had the same issue using that set up. It even happens on the default skin. I've searched for a fix but can't find one yet.

Youtube links used to embed into my posts just fine. At some point I had to change to http from https. Now they just don't embed any more and show the picture on the post. The links work fine but I have noticed others can still embed the Youtube so I am doing something wrong.

This is the message I have been getting on my android phone since around lunch time:

This webpage is not available

Internet cannot reach the website. This is typically caused by network issues, but can also be the result of a misconfigured firewall or proxy server.

When the mods post an automated message in a thread they're closing, we see some extra formatting code now. Looks like HTML tags:

"[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you."

Worked fine for me.

Tried again; no dice (at work). I'll check at home later. Thanks.

Okay ... when I use the little shoutbox icon, then get the shoutbox pop-up, the archive function is inoperable.

When I go to the shoutbox via the shoutbox tab (which I never do), the archive function DOES work.

So it's something to do with the pop-up generated by the icon (next to Shoutbox in the blue banner).

Edited by Gugny

Sorry if this was already mentioned...Am i imagining things or did the font used to display member name in their posts be in a bold or a larger font?

It was bold. I'll probably change it back at some point.