So Hackett is gone for sure now?

Yes, Hacket will be done. I am wondering, however, about Crossman. I was against him a year ago, however, with the help of putting some studs on the special teams, things got a whole lot better. (see Booby Dixon) I would have not problem with Crossman staying at this p;oint...a change of heart from a year ago. Now, Marrone may well reach back for some of his staff (see Mike Pettine's Browns staff, D is mostly former Bills staff that were here with him) But, I think the Bills need to get the new HC...and let him do the sorting. I am thinking Schwartz should get the nod......thats why he came here imho. If he doesn't get it, he will leave, no question in my mind. He will go whereever he thinks he might have a better chance at being a HC again. Unfortunately, there are not many great Defensive Coordinators. Schwartz came in here and showed his stuff imho. Yes, the players did it, but the result was better than the prior year with Pettine.......of course...they added Spikes, Graham...but I don't think that was what tipped the scale, great adds, but didn't make the D...Schwartz scheme and attitude did that.

I wonder how the coaches feel about Marrone now. On the one hand, he supposedly tried to get them extensions before walking. On the other hand, he is getting paid regardless and they are in limbo. Even if he made them promises about getting the band back together in the next town, there are a boatload of contingencies that could mess that up. Plus, they could be having the same concerns about Marrone's ability to commit and level of class that anyone else would have right now.

Some of them are going to be unhappy with how this shakes out.

kj