WGR55 had coach Dickerson on today

Frez

Coach Dickerson said Buffalo will do well this year if they get rid of the STIFF Bledsoe. It's time to start the kid he said. It was nice hearing the Coach again on WGR55.

228658[/snapback]

Saying it's nice to hear Dickerson on WGR again is like saying it would be nice to have ICE back on TSW. :lol:

Coach Dickerson called a spade a spade. Like him or not, he sure is honest about his opinions. He sure did make me smile when he called Bledsoe a stiff!

I miss the guy. I think he's much better at football talk then the two clowns on the 3pm show now.

Coach Dickerson said Buffalo will do well this year if they get rid of the STIFF Bledsoe. It's time to start the kid he said. It was nice hearing the Coach again on WGR55.

228658[/snapback]

Empire Sports Network has been re-running some oldies but goodies, and it was interesting to hear Marv Levy talk about Dickerson on Marv's old Empire show.

I think it had come on the heals of one of Dickerson's WGR-55 rants.

I was surprised that Marv, who is one of the classiest guys to ever be associated with the NFL, actually took several minutes to call Dickerson out on the carpet.

Marv must've been majorly pissed off after some of Dickerson's on-air critisisms of his boys. This must've been somewhere in the mid-90's.

I wish I could remember the exact details, but Marv proceeded to reel off Dickerson's pitiful records as a head coach at the high school or college level. Understand, Dickerson had been anointing himself as some kind of defensive genius on his radio show. The record had multiple lopsided victories, of which, he was on the losing end of it. They were like 70-3 (and worse!). Not just one, but several of these embarassments. Don't know how he ever made it to the big leagues.

Anyway, it was interesting and commendable to hear Marv stick up for his squad and let Dickerson have it right between the eyes. Dickerson is a mouthpiece and Marv,who was the target of much of the bashing, has more class in his long gone foreskin than Dickerson has in his entire body.

How's Dickerson's coaching career been going lately anyway?

I always laughed that everyone who HATED Dickerson and his GR show always seemed to know everything that he said on the show. So much for "not listening". :D

Marv was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He couldn't call Dickerson a d*ckh**d because he hired him to the Bills Staff. If Dickerson was an idiot, why did Marv hire him in the first place? :lol:

P.S. Frez: In you avatar, why the guy in the orange jersey humping the guy in the red jersey? :lol:

I used to love listening to him after a bad loss. All the anger & venom really would make the drive back to Albany easier. Best ones were when we lost to the Giants & some caller called a dumb play "4th & stupid" Coach adopted it like it was his own. When Todd Collins started the last game of the season in his rookie year (1995) & really sucked, Coach was all over his case bagging on our QB of the future, laughing at him. He was the 1st one in town to decide Gregg was a dud, naming him "the mouth that roared" before he even coached his 1st game.

Coach Dickerson called a spade a spade. Like him or not, he sure is honest about his opinions. He sure did make me smile when he called Bledsoe a stiff!

I miss the guy. I think he's much better at football talk then the two clowns on the 3pm show now.

228687[/snapback]

He may say what he thinks, but he also used to attack the Bills unfairly because he has an axe to grind. For that he has zero cred with me. Coach D should pull his pants up to his chest, get on his powered chair, and ride off to the 3:30pm dinner seating at Red Lobster.

PTR

228687[/snapback]

Cripe, if you can jot down words and phrases on two 3 X 5 cards, you have pretty much summarized all that has ever said and will ever be said about football, and if you have played the game or have a glib and big mouth, you're dubbed an expert and will make money blustering the same observations that were made in 1940... :D

Coach Dickerson called a spade a spade. Like him or not, he sure is honest about his opinions.

and when I used to mow his lawn and tried to raise my rates $2 per week (to $12)he sent my ass packing...

damn you Dickerson!!!