Bills will have scouts at Sugar Bowl

YoloinOhio

Clubs scouting the Alabama-Ohio State Sugar Bowl will be the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, San Diego Chargers and Buffalo Bills.

There is a lottery system where a certain number of teams are assigned to each bowl.

Top 5 draft eligible players from each team here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000452371/article/scouting-the-scouts-bears-among-clubs-to-scout-sugar-bowl?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Clubs scouting the Alabama-Ohio State Sugar Bowl will be the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, San Diego Chargers and Buffalo Bills.

There is a lottery system where a certain number of teams are assigned to each bowl.

Top 5 draft eligible players from each team here:

http://www.nfl.com/n...Twitter_nfl_cfb

Really? Very interesting. I just assumed every team had some presence at all bowl games. Good info as usual, Yolo.

I do imagine the Bills are contracted with some outside talent evaluators at every meaningful bowl game, even if they aren't officially employees of the team. Does that sound about right?

Really? Very interesting. I just assumed every team had some presence at all bowl games. Good info as usual, Yolo.

I do imagine the Bills are contracted with some outside talent evaluators at every meaningful bowl game, even if they aren't officially employees of the team. Does that sound about right?

i just learned that today and previously assumed that a team could scout any bowl. The difference could be that these teams are there given official nfl personnel access/special seating. The guys from other teams who may want to take one of these guys with a top pick could just buy a ticket and sit with the fans. I know that happens too.

i just learned that today and previously assumed that a team could scout any bowl. The difference could be that these teams are there given official nfl personnel access/special seating. The guys from other teams who may want to take one of these guys with a top pick could just buy a ticket and sit with the fans. I know that happens too.

I wonder if any of these professional scouting services get that special access.

thats what i would assume - to avoid 100 person entourages wanting access to players, coaches, premium seats.... i cant imagine the ncaa has any way to keep the bills from buying a couple tickets to any game they want though.

I like Decker, but not sure if the size is there to fill in at OT. LT? I guess, we could move Glenn to OG. He's only a junior and may return, wouldn't surprise me. But, he is a top 5 OT, he could be perfect for a 2nd round pick up.

Jeff Heuerman - see below. We need this guy, if he could make it until the 4th round he would be a huge steal. This guy is Myers The Ohio state version of Aaron Hernandez. He has sharpened up his game as a blocker and is an improvement from Lee Smith.

We can't get Cooper but Smith might be worth a nod, shifty little dude who may not be big enough.

Yeldon in the third would be good for the future. He may be one of the only RB's I would consider drafting, regardless of who/what/when. Gurley and Gordon will go first, I wouldn't draft either of them.

Imagining a chance we could land 3 guys from this game and I'd be quite happy.

2. Decker

3. Yeldon

4. Heuerman

5. would be a QB if its up to me...

I know of someone who scouts for the Bills. Not saying where or what his involvement depth is but he does not live in Buffalo. He goes to a ton of college games, some times 3 a weekend. He gets to know colleges and even high schools. There are several games he has attended - he just can only do so much. All the scouts and coaches for NFL teams get footage from college coaches, as well.

check your PM's.

Edited by jboyst62

I'm glad for the Big 10, but I hate the Luckeyes.

see how Harbaugh has already turned around the Big 10? Lol

Why do you need to be at the game? Why waste the airfare money? There will be 15 or more cameras at the game.

seeing a guy play live is totally different than film