Hughes now at 10 sacks

YoloinOhio

I think all of the answers about him being the beneficiary of the other three guys are going to be instantly erased when teams watch the tape on him. He was phenomenal this year, against the run and pass. He was at the top of the league in tackles for a DL and DE. He forced fumbles. He had a lot of stuffs. He constantly got pressure. He is the only black guy in the league with a high motor. He's very, very good all around. That idea that he benefits is a theory, and often true, but he played fantastic regardless.

He had an extremely improved game. He was a big reason our run D improved. With Brown, Spikes and Bradham behind him it also helped. All three effectively scraped to the side to close the lane and Hughes seemed more patient then 2013 where he would often leave a very big gap by going too far down field.

Very happy to see how much he improved in watching and focusing on his play. He got better then I thought he would and watching the games delayed and watching them back really showed that he has upped his game and become more then a 1 trick pass rushing DE.

edit: It honestly looked like he finally learned to use his body and his strength/speed combo to elevate his game.

Every Browns fan thinks Cleveland is signing him. It's pretty annoying.

They are really getting amazing the last year and a half considering they have nothing going forward with QB and regressed in 2014 given all of their talent. They're too damn uppity.

I re watched the game and was convinced he should have been credited with that 4th quarter sack. Glad they made it right.

He had another one nullified by a penalty.

On that play where it looked like he lost contain, where the runner bounced in, what exactly happened? I think Brown ended up being the culprit of the bad play but from what I saw it looked like Hughes came too far up field or left that lane wide open by being too aggressive.

That is what he should get, you're right. But there is a shortage of very good pass rushers, and he's done it two years in a row, and he's young, and the cap is going up 10m or so. That is why I think he gets more.

If we can give him that $9mm a season for 5 to 6 years with an option for a 7th with some incentives laced all over the place and then give him a $12mm bonus over the first 3 years, maybe 4 with a 7 year bonus... I guess I would get creative.

2015-2017: $9mm base, $4mm bonus

2018-2019: $9mm base, $1mm in incentives

2020: Option activated for $10mm if incentives, playing time and off season activities.

He will be 33 for that 7th year.

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic