Hughes now at 10 sacks

YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In a rational world, that wouldn't provide any more fodder for Hughes' agent.

Since we live in an irrational world, it does.

Well the agent will use it in negotiations but that doesn't mean it will have any value to the teams he is trying to convince.

Plus, if any team is in serious talks with said agent over Hughes, they would have watched every play of his, and the 10 sacks versus 9.5 won't mean a thing, because they would have seen him getting hurries and beating his man and causing fumbles and wreaking havoc play after play after play.

Well the agent will use it in negotiations but that doesn't mean it will have any value to the teams he is trying to convince.

Plus, if any team is in serious talks with said agent over Hughes, they would have watched every play of his, and the 10 sacks versus 9.5 won't mean a thing, because they would have seen him getting hurries and beating his man and causing fumbles and wreaking havoc play after play after play.

Let's not forget the fact that he did actually get 10 sacks!

He was way, way better than a 10 sack guy, too.

I think he easily gets 10m a season and may well get 12. I also wouldn't doubt if the Bills franchised him, and he got 14m or whatever this years tag will be, it was 13.1 this year.

I'm guessing there are going to be questions about whether he can be as productive without the three pro bowlers who man the DL with him. Before he joined this DL many considered him a bust.

Personally, I'm not too worried about letting him go. He's been a very good player but there are other areas of the team that could use the attention.

He was way, way better than a 10 sack guy, too.

I think he easily gets 10m a season and may well get 12. I also wouldn't doubt if the Bills franchised him, and he got 14m or whatever this years tag will be, it was 13.1 this year.

I put him around 10M a season as well. Something like 5 years 50M-56M with 35M guranteed. Tamba Hali type money. That's completely affordable for the Bills.

I'm guessing there are going to be questions about whether he can be as productive without the three pro bowlers who man the DL with him. Before he joined this DL many considered him a bust.

Personally, I'm not too worried about letting him go. He's been a very good player but there are other areas of the team that could use the attention.

I think all of the answers about him being the beneficiary of the other three guys are going to be instantly erased when teams watch the tape on him. He was phenomenal this year, against the run and pass. He was at the top of the league in tackles for a DL and DE. He forced fumbles. He had a lot of stuffs. He constantly got pressure. He is the only black guy in the league with a high motor. He's very, very good all around. That idea that he benefits is a theory, and often true, but he played fantastic regardless.

The issue is that I think that many may look at the tape and decide that he was the most consistent and most difficult to block rusher of the four. He's going to get a lot of money.

I put him around 10M a season as well. Something like 5 years 50M-56M with 35M guranteed. Tamba Hali type money. That's completely affordable for the Bills.

That is what he should get, you're right. But there is a shortage of very good pass rushers, and he's done it two years in a row, and he's young, and the cap is going up 10m or so. That is why I think he gets more.