Senior Bowl QBs

I wouldn't take any of these guys in the 2nd round, but I would take a shot at Petty in the 3rd if he were around. He has the raw materials. The tangibles and intangibles. He just needs to learn how to operate in a pro style offense. I think he has the aptitude for it.

I really think there should be a farm system where These players are forced to play a pro style offense.

It's maddening watching guys with Talent flame out in the League simply because they dont know how to read defenses and make progressions, Then they lose confidence and there is no hope to get them back.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not drafting a QB till the 5th round, we can address the OL in FA....I heard there was some crazy named guy in SF who has ties to our new OC....we absolutely need to address RB and I think if Hughes leaves, unless he's willing to take< 9 million, I'm not buying. There are several undersized edge rushers in this draft I'd take round 2. Then a running back 3 and maybe a 2nd TE 4, this is a horrible QB draft. I like petty but I think we can surround EJ, improve the primary function of the team and then next year get a vet QB via trade and/or FA that can win us a super bowl...I'm hoping Rothlisberger like.

I wouldn't take any of these guys in the 2nd round, but I would take a shot at Petty in the 3rd if he were around. He has the raw materials. The tangibles and intangibles. He just needs to learn how to operate in a pro style offense. I think he has the aptitude for it.

He'll be around. I didn't watch enough of Baylor to form an opinion, but the "experts" are certainly skeptical. I really hope the Bills wait until the 5th or later to draft one of these guys.

Garrett Grayson should be available in the 3rd round, and I'd take a shot at him. Maybe even in the 2nd round if his stock keeps rising. Plays well in cold weather, built tough, plays tough, strong numbers, decent arm strength, accurate, good character...I like him. If not, I'd take a flyer on Nick Marshall in the 5th-6th round. He impressed the hell out of me at Auburn. Clutch player, strong arm, great mobility, bright...reminds me of a Russell Wilson type.

Garrett Grayson should be available in the 3rd round, and I'd take a shot at him. Maybe even in the 2nd round if his stock keeps rising. Plays well in cold weather, built tough, plays tough, strong numbers, decent arm strength, accurate, good character...I like him. If not, I'd take a flyer on Nick Marshall in the 5th-6th round. He impressed the hell out of me at Auburn. Clutch player, strong arm, great mobility, bright...reminds me of a Russell Wilson type.

Nick Marshall has switched positions; he's now a DB.

Edit: by the way, nobody should be allowed to make Russell Wilson comparisons unless the numbers back it up. Wilson put up sick numbers in college.

Edited by eball

I suspect, because the draft is so bereft of decent QB prospects, that Grayson will be a 2nd-rounder.

I'd be conflicted about picking him. Ideally, you'd like to use the 2nd-rounder on best available OL, I think. But it's also important to get another young prospect at QB in here.

I suspect, because the draft is so bereft of decent QB prospects, that Grayson will be a 2nd-rounder.

I'd be conflicted about picking him. Ideally, you'd like to use the 2nd-rounder on best available OL, I think. But it's also important to get another young prospect at QB in here.

I don't think Grayson cracks the top 64...too many flaws.

A good Senior Bowl week will make scouts and GMs go back and review their evaluations on him, but in the endgame, I think what they'll see on the game tape will trump a week of practice, and thus he'll still be on the board in round 3.

Edit: by the way, nobody should be allowed to make Russell Wilson comparisons unless the numbers back it up. Wilson put up sick numbers in college.

Agreed, but Russell Wilson's performance during his senior bowl week was also underwhelming causing QB needy teams to be concerned and his draft stock to fall. Just sayin...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/senior-bowl-dish-who-hurt-their-draft-stock-during-practices

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Looked like a twig to me.

Some thoughts:

Steven Nelson CB, great coverage out of the slot

David Johnson RB, had some good runs. RBs in general looked good.

QBs struggled.

Manion has a long slow delivery. Made a couple OK throws, but has trouble throwing short. Missed open people in the end zone leading to a fumble. End of the half was a mess.

Petty was erratic. Never sets his feet.

Sims' first pass was his best, the rest were late/under thrown. Receivers had to slow down. Showed some good escapability.

Grayson didn't make much of an impression in the first Qtr. I recall a nice slant pass.

That muffed punt rule was stupid, you get two tries at the catch? I know safety is an issue, but come on that is just ridiculous.

The other Kouandjio looked good at guard.

Bennett QB didn't have a very good game.

Shane Carden QB wasn't even noticeable. His best throw in the third his receiver had to stop his route.

Fourth Quarter:

Petty needs to learn how to move and hang in the pocket.

Grayson looked more settled in. Good decision making. Then he throws on Nelson. Missed a wide open TE in the end zone.

Josh Shaw CB had a rough game. Can't locate the ball.

Some thoughts:

Steven Nelson CB, great coverage out of the slot

David Johnson RB, had some good runs. RBs in general looked good.

QBs struggled.

Manion has a long slow delivery. Made a couple OK throws, but has trouble throwing short. Missed open people in the end zone leading to a fumble. End of the half was a mess.

Petty was erratic. Never sets his feet.

Sims' first pass was his best, the rest were late/under thrown. Receivers had to slow down. Showed some good escapability.

Grayson didn't make much of an impression in the first Qtr. I recall a nice slant pass.

That muffed punt rule was stupid, you get two tries at the catch? I know safety is an issue, but come on that is just ridiculous.

The other Kouandjio looked good at guard.

Bennett QB didn't have a very good game.

Shane Carden QB wasn't even noticeable. His best throw in the third his receiver had to stop his route.

Fourth Quarter:

Petty needs to learn how to move and hang in the pocket.

Grayson looked more settled in. Good decision making. Then he throws on Nelson. Missed a wide open TE in the end zone.

Josh Shaw CB had a rough game. Can't locate the ball.

shaw will be a safety in the nfl, I think