Raiders Game did not matter

8-8 Forever?

Didn't matter??? OF COURSE IT MATTERED.

It showed that we weren't capable of locking-up a MUST-WIN scenario... To me, that was HUGE.... Your preparation has to be at it's best to succeed in a go-for-broke situation... Coaches DID NOT have our guys in that mind-set AT ALL...

D got caught off-guard... Offense wasn't able to help out... if anything, it was today's game that didn't mean S---t.

I meant relative to making the playoffs it did not matter. Sure all games are important, and I believe they spanked the Packers and 1st team Pats and Broncos offense for 8-9 quarters altogether. Marrone had them ready to go. Did not see much of the Raiders game so cant say much on that game. In the past, the Bills would have run for the bus from a meaningless game 16 at the Pats. I don't see that.

The game they had to have was the Chiefs game. That was the turning point, the Bryce Brown absolutely unforgivable fumble turned the season. There's a reason he played little thereafter. He holds onto that ball, we win and are 6-3, a competitive conference record, with momentum going into Miami. No other way to look at the season, IMO. The season pivoted on that game. The McKelvin fumble later, also unforgivable given the late game situation where ball security was critical, was equally devastating. That's not coaching, that's players screwing up big time and having zero situational awareness.

This season is not on the coaches. Players played crappy and stupid in critical situations and that wiped out a great second half defensive and special teams performance.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I meant relative to making the playoffs it did not matter. Sure all games are important, and I believe they spanked the Packers and 1st team Pats and Broncos offense for 8-9 quarters altogether. Marrone had them ready to go. Did not see much of the Raiders game so cant say much on that game. In the past, the Bills would have run for the bus from a meaningless game 16 at the Pats. I don't see that.

The game they had to have was the Chiefs game. That was the turning point, the Bryce Brown absolutely unforgivable fumble turned the season. There's a reason he played little thereafter. He holds onto that ball, we win and are 6-3, a competitive conference record, with momentum going into Miami. No other way to look at the season, IMO. The season pivoted on that game. The McKelvin fumble later, also unforgivable given the late game situation where ball security was critical, was equally devastating. That's not coaching, that's players screwing up big time and having zero situational awareness.

This season is not on the coaches. Players played crappy and stupid in critical situations and that wiped out a great second half defensive and special teams performance.

Sure. In hindsight it didn't matter with playoff implications. But last week prior to 4:25 it sure as hell did matter. Absolutely 100% it mattered.

It mattered.

Bills blew a golden opportunity to win a game they usually lose and change the mindset. Horrible loss

Does that negate all the games they usually lose that they won this year? Perspective, my friend.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I echo what others have said. It mattered. This is the deal in football. If you get knocked down you get back up. Duh. It's a lot easier to motivate a group after they get knocked down. What is not easy to do is keep a group playing at a high level once you have success. Success breeds complencey. The type of slow, creeping, sneaky compleceny that is strong enough to pop the inflated heads of all but the best teams. In the loss to the Raiders the Bills showed they did not belong in the playoffs. Oakland put a bullseye on Buffalo's back based on the success they had vs Green Bay, Buffalo got sucked into hearing how amazing it was they shut down Rodgers all week on ESPN. After a defining moment such as the one we had against the Packers a great coach, a great tean, one that deserves the playoffs HAS to know at that moment they face the biggest threat of a letdown. Which is exactly what they had and in a win or go home game no less. Proud of the team this year, but they have a ways to go about learning how to be successfull.

Edited by KzooMike

It mattered.

Bills blew a golden opportunity to win a game they usually lose and change the mindset. Horrible loss

Exactly. In hindsight, none of the individual games mattered. If you fail to make the playoffs, your season is a failure and irrelevant. It will be hard to watch about next years' draft when about 45 of the nation's best players are selected before Buffalo gets a pick.