Article: Bills 2015 offseason wish list

YoloinOhio

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad article Yolo. I didn't realize Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas were both unrestricted free agents. I think it is fantasy land to think we would ever sign Julius Thomas but weirder things have happened. Not sure how Julius Thomas would perform minus Peyton Manning.

My offseason wishlist is fixing the running game once and for all. Is it the formation, the talent level of the lineman, the lack of a tight end who can both block and catch a ball. As a northeastern team, the inability to run the ball effectively takes away a major advantage late in the season. Throwing bombs on every short yardage situation is not a vote of confidence for the offensive line.

Buffalo Bills 2015 Offseason Wishlist: NFL Free Agents, Draft Prospects That Could Interest Team

http://t.co/I24QpqsKXY

This is more pertinent now than it was a month ago when originally posted. I also can't find where/when I first posted it. But it's a pretty good breakdown IMO.

It's a solid article but i have a couple of issues. 1st no discussion of upgrading QB. 2nd I wouldn't want the WR's mentioned. JT would be a huge offseason score. Clay would be a cheaper upgrade as well, The guard position needs an overhaul,

It's a solid article but i have a couple of issues. 1st no discussion of upgrading QB. 2nd I wouldn't want the WR's mentioned. JT would be a huge offseason score. Clay would be a cheaper upgrade as well, The guard position needs an overhaul,

i wonder if the lack of QB discussion in that article is because it is from November. I think many felt Orton would be starting next year at that point. But IMO it is OG - QB -RB - TE. And sign Hughes and Searcy.

Pretty good article. I guess the draft was a good topic, and now that the ownership situation is handled (thanx Pegula's), we should be able to attract better free agent talkent. I like the Denver TE suggestion. Chandler and Marquis.....not usre Lee Smith or Gragg should have a job next year.

My offseason wishlist is fixing the running game once and for all. Is it the formation, the talent level of the lineman, the lack of a tight end who can both block and catch a ball. As a northeastern team, the inability to run the ball effectively takes away a major advantage late in the season. Throwing bombs on every short yardage situation is not a vote of confidence for the offensive line.

Amen. Doesn't look like we're gonna miraculously find a pro bowl QB this off season, so fix the running game. Resign Hughes, Searcy and hopefully Wynn and Bryant. Spikes will be a luxury. I'd be all for resigning Spiller of we can add 2-3 good lineman and especially if Hackett is let go. Fire Pat Morris. Fix the run game and keep this D intact.

Release: Chandler, Orton

Extend: Dareus, Glenn, Gilmore

Re-sign: Hughes, Searcy, Wynn, Hairston

UFA: Clint Boling, Pernell McPhee, Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford

Draft: Cameron Erving (2nd), Bryce Petty (3rd)

That there's a playoff team

I handed you the keys to OBD. Make it happen, Bandit. Especially since Pegula owns the Bandits, you should have a say.

Its interesting that there is no talk of qb in the article....which I feel should def be a topic of discussion.......

Instead of throwing a boat load at OG Lupiti I think I would look to see if LG Levitre gets cut (from what I hear he still liked it here) for a lesser contract and look at a OG like Bowling.....bring in TWO OG's not one....jettison Pears....keep Urbick who plays both OG and C

We absolutely need a TE threat and Clay sounds like a nice fit

One thing that is concerning me......DT Williams while he made the pro bowl this year is long on the tooth......and when Marcel went out of the game our run stop went to pot. I think if the right DT falls to the 2nd round in this next draft (someone that can actually stop the run) we really need to take a look at that

Address our offensive side of the ball in free agency (and sign Hughes and Wynn)......and use our draft to continue to stockpile D talent......

Chandler, who's never met a tackler he could evade, is a huge target with good hands. Perhaps NEVER experiencing a gifted player at the position for Buffalo has minimized the effect, but he's not on my Upgrade List. The OL is still a work in progress. Marrone wants huge brawlers-ala Dallas, and he's only completing his 2nd year. Urbik -and frankly- Glenn @ LT don't fit the mold, which accounts for Urbik always seeming to get beat. The opposition is aiming for him rather than the monsters we're growing, IMO. Same could be said for Wood..

So, realizing the FO will continue to add per their mantra, my wish list consists solely of:

Quarterback

Quarterback

Quarterback

Buffalo Bills 2015 Offseason Wishlist: NFL Free Agents, Draft Prospects That Could Interest Team

http://t.co/I24QpqsKXY

This is more pertinent now than it was a month ago when originally posted. I also can't find where/when I first posted it. But it's a pretty good breakdown IMO.

Pretty good read my friend. :thumbsup: Would like to see us actually be able to make some of those moves, especially along the OL.

Re-sign:

Hughes, Searcy, Easley, Hogan.

(Would love Spikes and Spiller back, but think they can do better scheme-wise elsewhere.)

Sign Charles Clay (Very good receiving option and hurts a division rival)

and Mike Iupati.

Find a QB.

And make sure Henderson, Richardson and Kouandijo don’t miss a day in the weight room this off season.

Edited by purple haze

Release: Chandler, Orton

Extend: Dareus, Glenn, Gilmore

Re-sign: Hughes, Searcy, Wynn, Hairston

UFA: Clint Boling, Pernell McPhee, Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford

Draft: Cameron Erving (2nd), Bryce Petty (3rd)

That there's a playoff team

My one concern here is that Bradford isn't a FA yet. Unless the Rams trade him, we don't get him and that's a lot of contract to eat.

My one concern here is that Bradford isn't a FA yet. Unless the Rams trade him, we don't get him and that's a lot of contract to eat.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes that Stl won't keep Bradford at $17M in 2015, and I doubt anyone will trade for that cap hit. The only way they keep him is if he renegotiated, but I think he'd be crazy to do that and pass up a chance to hit the open market.

Toss him $9M/year and the chance to play with Sammy, and I think he'd bite.

do your numbers take into account the money still owed to WR Mike Williams??..I read somewhere that he was guaranteed something like 5.2 mil

They aren't my numbers (author is Rob Quinn with Bills Mafia blog) but the Bills don't owe MW any money. That was only guaranteed if he was still on the roster in March. Edited by YoloinOhio

They aren't my numbers (author is Rob Quinn with Bills Mafia blog) but the Bills don't owe MW any money. That was only guaranteed if he was still on the roster in March.

ahh ok..thx...thought I read something from Chris Brown that said they stilled owed him even after being cut ...thx :thumbsup:

Chandler, who's never met a tackler he could evade, is a huge target with good hands. Perhaps NEVER experiencing a gifted player at the position for Buffalo has minimized the effect, but he's not on my Upgrade List. The OL is still a work in progress. Marrone wants huge brawlers-ala Dallas, and he's only completing his 2nd year. Urbik -and frankly- Glenn @ LT don't fit the mold, which accounts for Urbik always seeming to get beat. The opposition is aiming for him rather than the monsters we're growing, IMO. Same could be said for Wood..

So, realizing the FO will continue to add per their mantra, my wish list consists solely of:

Quarterback

Quarterback

Quarterback

One down year and people are all over Cordy....the guy was a monster prior to this year and stoning some of the best pass rushers in the league.....lets get a Dom LG to play next to him is my vote.

Wood by his own admission didnt play well this year.....but he had crap playing along side of him......

People forget.....Urbik is just a "ok" guard that we picked up off the scrap heap.....lets make a concerted effort to get better quality OGs

One down year and people are all over Cordy....the guy was a monster prior to this year and stoning some of the best pass rushers in the league.....lets get a Dom LG to play next to him is my vote.

Wood by his own admission didnt play well this year.....but he had crap playing along side of him......

People forget.....Urbik is just a "ok" guard that we picked up off the scrap heap.....lets make a concerted effort to get better quality OGs

and instead of replacing Chandler.....lets get a quality TE go WITH Chandler