Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends

BringBackFergy

Who knew our neighbors to the north were such big fans of boxing? My favorites of all time were Sugar Ray Leonard and Roy Williams Jr.

I hope you guys enjoy your day and re-watch some of the great fights of the 80's and 90's.

Umm..., Boxing Day is the day Canadians celebrate boxer dogs. Jeesh!

On behalf of all Americans, I apologize for fergy's cultural insensitivity. And I would like to wish our Canadian brethren a "woof woof woof" woofer of a day (as they say in nova scotia).

Umm..., Boxing Day is the day Canadians celebrate boxer dogs. Jeesh!

On behalf of all Americans, I apologize for fergy's cultural insensitivity. And I would like to wish our Canadian brethren a "woof woof woof" woofer of a day (as they say in nova scotia).

I think everyone and their Canadian mothers know that Boxing Day concerns the long held belief that Sir Jean Claude Batoof beat Duke Birmingham of Winchester in a fistfight back in 1763 which secured Canada as a French territory. From that day forward, the Canadians have celebrated bare knuckle and modern day boxing on the first day after Christmas. It has eventually morphed into "hockey fights" and that, my friend, is the true meaning of "Boxing Day". Search Wikipedia for Gerry Cooney and you'll see I'm right.

I think everyone and their Canadian mothers know that Boxing Day concerns the long held belief that Sir Jean Claude Batoof beat Duke Birmingham of Winchester in a fistfight back in 1763 which secured Canada as a French territory. From that day forward, the Canadians have celebrated bare knuckle and modern day boxing on the first day after Christmas. It has eventually morphed into "hockey fights" and that, my friend, is the true meaning of "Boxing Day". Search Wikipedia for Gerry Cooney and you'll see I'm right.

Ooohhh---- you mean "Bauxing Day"? Of course, the Batoof/Birmingham fight established Bauxing Day, in the 63rd year of our Lord after the Queen's Gala on the cliffs of Quebec City.

But, I was under the impression that the House of Lords abolished Bauxing Day in 1909, in favor of the more family friendly Boxing Day. It is no coincidence that Canada became the largest breeder of boxers in 1910.

I would be curious to hear our Canadian brothers' view of this debate.