The Revolution In Oil Prices

Tiberius

The article was a reasonable take on the situation. Your thread title leaves a little bit to be desired though. This is no revolution in oil prices. Historically they are still high. I've been saying here (and elsewhere) for years that our best economic and geopolitical tools were our energy resources. If we can continue to flood the market we can make our present foes our future bitches. I have no problem with Putin led Russia, Iran and Venezuela attaining that status. Drill baby, drill.

The article was a reasonable take on the situation. Your thread title leaves a little bit to be desired though. This is no revolution in oil prices. Historically they are still high. I've been saying here (and elsewhere) for years that our best economic and geopolitical tools were our energy resources. If we can continue to flood the market we can make our present foes our future bitches. I have no problem with Putin led Russia, Iran and Venezuela attaining that status. Drill baby, drill.

People will remember it as the Obama Economic miracle!

So basically, it was a miracle that it took 6 years for gas prices to fall to a level not seen since the Bush 43 presidency. :doh:

Brought to you by the same people that think job growth is excellent when unemployment and labor participation is higher than the Bush 43 "jobless" recovery.

So basically, it was a miracle that it took 6 years for gas prices to fall to a level not seen since the Bush 43 presidency. :doh:

You mean during the economic disaster he left us in when gas consumptions was way down! Stick to simply posting links with no comments, you are way better at that

Yes because it would be a miracle if he had anything to do with it.

Hey the "liberal" media seems to have run with Reagan's "miracle" when he had little to do with it, so why not

Brought to you by the same people that think job growth is excellent when unemployment and labor participation is higher than the Bush 43 "jobless" recovery.

Yes, because its "growth" dingbat, as in growth away from 43's economic miracle of a near depression. Bush left this country a mess, you hard core Bushbot's seem to want to forget how bad he really was and want to blame the guy that had to clean up the mess

You mean during the economic disaster he left us in when gas consumptions was way down! Stick to simply posting links with no comments, you are way better at that

Hey the "liberal" media seems to have run with Reagan's "miracle" when he had little to do with it, so why not

Yes, because its "growth" dingbat, as in growth away from 43's economic miracle of a near depression. Bush left this country a mess, you hard core Bushbot's seem to want to forget how bad he really was and want to blame the guy that had to clean up the mess

So how did Bush cause the near depression?

So how did Bush cause the near depression?

You don't follow very well, do you?

You should stick to pretending that women are interested in you.

Like I said, stick to cut and paste. And especially don't make statements about which you know nothing about.

That's like the first time you ever posted a comment :lol:

So true! And its a gator-bash. Boo!

Can anyone name what policies that Obama championed that led to an abundance of available fossil fuels? Was it his stance on the Keystone Pipeline? How about exploring/drilling on federal lands? How about offshore drilling? Does the general reduction in fuel costs fly in the face of his desire to see $10 a gallon gasoline? If so, does this mean he has failed again?

Thank you Richard Nixon for the Apollo moon landings!

The absolute zenith of America's exceptionalism.

It doesn't compare to Harry Truman's defeat of the Axis powers.

Can anyone name what policies that Obama championed that led to an abundance of available fossil fuels? Was it his stance on the Keystone Pipeline? How about exploring/drilling on federal lands? How about offshore drilling? Does the general reduction in fuel costs fly in the face of his desire to see $10 a gallon gasoline? If so, does this mean he has failed again?

And who can forget President Andrew Johnson's defeating the Confederacy? That ranks right up there too.

Barry's first energy secretary, Steven Chu, said he wanted higher gas prices, like at the level of Europe. Barry's got nothing to do with the oil prices we're seeing.

Some here call the reduction in energy costs the "Obama economic miracle". How can he be given credit for that when his stated goal was to raise gasoline prices here in the USA by 500% of what they were when he took office? I would think that the "miracle" is the lower energy costs in spite of his efforts to raise them to European levels by restricting exploration and drilling where he could, and vowing to "bankrupt the coal industry". It's telling that private industry has been the catalyst for what little economic hope we see, while Obama's schemes to boost the economy (ie. payback to his donors) such as "cash for clunkers" have done nothing but add debt.

For me, Obama's tough rhetoric toward oil and gas regulation was simple that, and very high prices caused oil and gas companies to invest in new projects and exploratory activities... That and I'd bet the tech of reaching and retrieving has come a long was in a decade.

Did his policies create an environment for upscaled production? Ironically, yes, by not pursuing them. Sometimes in government we know not doing something is often as good as doing something.

Thank you Richard Nixon for the Apollo moon landings!

The absolute zenith of America's exceptionalism.

How about George HW Bush tearing down the Berlin Wall?

Edited by /dev/null

For me, Obama's tough rhetoric toward oil and gas regulation was simple that, and very high prices caused oil and gas companies to invest in new projects and exploratory activities... That and I'd bet the tech of reaching and retrieving has come a long was in a decade.

Did his policies create an environment for upscaled production? Ironically, yes, by not pursuing them. Sometimes in government we know not doing something is often as good as doing something.

I doubt his policies had much to do with what oil companies were already looking to do anyway. Never mind that oil prices are dropping because the dollar is strengthening and Saudi Arabia is dumping oil into the market.