Player you missed on in latest draft

truth on hold

For me it's Khalil Mack. He looked a bit slow at the combine and moved awkwardly on the field, and I just didn't see his game translating that well to the pro level. Thought he'd be average in the nfl and not justify his #5 overall selection.

Man was I wrong. Guy is a powerhouse and a force against the run or the pass. He has a presence on every play like the great ones do. And what impressed me most was his technique .... he has the refined moves and complete bag of tricks like a seasoned vet.

Kudos to Mack for proving me wrong.

Not trying to be condescending at all. But did you watch him in college?

Whilst there's a few candidates that went in the first round, I would definitely have no problem with still taking Sammy - he's unique. I agree with you JTSP that Mack is a force but I think our biggest miss (especially after the play from the interior of our offensive line and watching a few of the Raiders games this season) was Mississippi State's Gabe Jackson. Would have no problem if Preston Brown or him were our second and third round picks but the Kouandjio pick is looking like a long shot to see regular playing time. Actually, Trai Turner or Russell Bodine could have been potentially better, hopefully he turns it around though I don't see that happening anytime soon unless he has a miraculous offseason and TC.

God yes Gabe would have been huge I was hoping we took him.

I still maintain that QB-needy teams that passed on Teddy Bridgewater will regret it within 3 years.

Almost no chance. His stock was rising as the draft approached. There were rumours he would go first overall.

Definitely Bridgewater

No disrespect to Beckham but I don't see him doing anything that Watkins isn't and its just year one

I don't judge rooks like that. Give it time. Especially because so many look so good.

The only three or four times were there guys I had a woody for: big Ben, Aaron Hernandez, Carlos Hyde and poz.

I feel the same way about heuerman as I did Hernandez. We need heuerman

The Orakpo pick will haunt me for life. I remember wanting to cry. I got up and ran around when Cleveland passed I remembering being so confident.

Kelvin Benjamin is a huge miss for me

Edited by Agent 91

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelvin Benjamin is a huge miss for me

Benjamin has a long way to go before assuring he is the man. It's not all on him, Newton was wildly inaccurate. But, Benjamin can get his hands on anything within 10' of him, catching it is more difficult for him and he doesn't always run a crisp route.

He is a bigger version of Steve Johnson in my view.

EJ Manuel, Kiko Alonso, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin and Duke Williams are looking great. Jonathan Meeks and Chris Gragg could turn up.

I could see EJ playing a Carolina style offense. I'm not in on Goodwin but I love the other 4 picks. Even think gragg could be something

I could see EJ playing a Carolina style offense. I'm not in on Goodwin but I love the other 4 picks. Even think gragg could be something

I would not be surprised if Goodwin is traded for a late round pick or prospect OL to a team needing something at WR.

If Odell Beckham were drafted by the Bills, he'd still have Manuel or Orton throwing to him, and you'd all be calling him a bust and wishing for that Watkins guy.

Ring a ding a ding ding ding. Eli does some really really stupid things sometimes, but he'd be the best post-Kelly QB for the Bills, and it wouldn't even be close.

Benjamin has a long way to go before assuring he is the man. It's not all on him, Newton was wildly inaccurate. But, Benjamin can get his hands on anything within 10' of him, catching it is more difficult for him and he doesn't always run a crisp route.

He is a bigger version of Steve Johnson in my view.

I get that but I saw absolutely nothing in him in college. I thought he was a big non route running so so speed guy who wouldn't be as physical with the NFL corners

I would not be surprised if Goodwin is traded for a late round pick or prospect OL to a team needing something at WR.

I could too. I just don't think Goodwin gives us anything with talking about. A little guy with all world speed thst doesn't run a full route tree

Yeah. That's where I thought he looked kinda awkward. I got it wrong.

Lol I mean he was a basketball player but he was just so fast of the edge it was like wow! ! And he had a knack for getting to the ball. I guess I took into account thst he didn't start playing football until his senior year so I look art him as only able to learn and get better. I will say I think he needs to be in a 34 as a rush guy. He would turn the nfl world on its ear

I get that but I saw absolutely nothing in him in college. I thought he was a big non route running so so speed guy who wouldn't be as physical with the NFL corners

I could too. I just don't think Goodwin gives us anything with talking about. A little guy with all world speed thst doesn't run a full route tree

Lol I mean he was a basketball player but he was just so fast of the edge it was like wow! ! And he had a knack for getting to the ball. I guess I took into account thst he didn't start playing football until his senior year so I look art him as only able to learn and get better. I will say I think he needs to be in a 34 as a rush guy. He would turn the nfl world on its ear

he really didn't go up against many corners worth a crap this year. His 94 yards against Seattle are worth noting, but elsewise he has had nothing but a regular year for any WR.

he really didn't go up against many corners worth a crap this year. His 94 yards against Seattle are worth noting, but elsewise he has had nothing but a regular year for any WR.

I would pose this question to you... did you think he would come out and be anything any team would want? Did yu see him as any good at Florida state?

I would pose this question to you... did you think he would come out and be anything any team would want? Did yu see him as any good at Florida state?

he is exactly what Carolina needed. A big target for cam. I knew he would succeed because he is so physically gifted. I just don't know how motivated he js

he is exactly what Carolina needed. A big target for cam. I knew he would succeed because he is so physically gifted. I just don't know how motivated he js

Definitely agree. I really honestly thought he was an overrated bum. I thought he was a glorified tight end. But I was wrong

Mayock had him ahead of clowney and #1 overall , both of which I thought were nuts. I'd say ahead of clowney is a given now but #1 overall I'd go with beckham

While the Watkins/Beckham comparisons will continue for years I am sure. OBJ was never going to be a Bill.

It's been reported that the Bills would have taken Ebron @ 9 if they didn't move up.

So the two scenarios to debate where the team is better off.

1. Sammy + no 2015 1st

2. Ebron + 2015 1st

I thought Bortles and Johnny Hobbit would be terrible and worse than EJ. :)

Honestly, so much can change in a few years. So hard to evalate players after one year. But myself (like everyone else) had no idea Beckham was close to as good as he turned out to be. No one had any idea. Also, I expected more out of Ebron.

Teddy Bridgewater. Thought he would be a flop because his workouts were atrocious. Turns out he was the best of the bunch. There are practice heroes (Orton) who can't translate into the game, and guys like Bridgewater who have that competitive "it" intangible on game day.

I think Watkins was the best receiver prospect going into the draft.

I still think he is the best and most complete player in a very good WR class.

I think over time he will be a lot like and as good as Larry Fitzgerald. That's awefully good. Best offensive talent in the draft (Mack the best defensive talent).

We're it to be done over however I would think one of the other blue chip receivers plus moving up for Bridgewater would have been better. All hindsight of course and there is no way the Bills were going to pick QBs in the first round in consecutive drafts.

Should have, but would not have, either through want of skill in evaluating QBs, lack of courage in moving on from the prior drafts mistake, politics etc...

I didn't miss him, but Whaley did. Jimmy Garoppolo. I would've taken him with the 9th pick. Glad we traded up for sammy instead, but taking Kujo over him may end up being painful for years to come. I love his grit, pocket presence, release and ability to go through progressions. Playing inferior competition in college makes it hard to really gauge how good he was in college, but I loved everything about him. Praying he doesn't dominate us tomorrow.

I didn't miss him, but Whaley did. Jimmy Garoppolo. I would've taken him with the 9th pick. Glad we traded up for sammy instead, but taking Kujo over him may end up being painful for years to come. I love his grit, pocket presence, release and ability to go through progressions. Playing inferior competition in college makes it hard to really gauge how good he was in college, but I loved everything about him. Praying he doesn't dominate us tomorrow.

With decades worth of evidence to inform us it should be readily apparent to all that the Bills are totally clueless when it comes drafting/developing QBs.